snacks ideas for hungry people

Options
Hi everyone.

I started my own challenge beginning of December ( or November?) , I ve lost over a stone (pregnancy weight & more).
I was/am very motivated, very busy with the baby & that kept me going.
Well, I've found out that I could happily swap biscuits & co snacks for healthy stuff.

Tuna (add lemon juice).

Chilli peppers in vinegar with a slice of ham or chicken or even turkey (which is very low in cal).
I just got addicted to the chilli peppers.
they now are my favourite snacks ever.
I know, sounds weird. but I m loving them!

Sardines in sun flower oil (add lemon juice) !!!!!!!!!!!! Had craving for them when I was pregnant. Haven't stopped eating them.

What are your snacks?

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Raw or dry roasted nuts (almonds, cashews, etc)

Greek yogurt

sliced veggies with ranch
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    almonds, apple slices, granola bars....I really don't have many as I am trying to learn what I should and shouldn't eat. I tend to go overboard on the snacks too. one just isn't enough
  • karennovchallenge
    karennovchallenge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hmmm yeah to greek yogurt, I usual mix it with some grapes.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    fruit or beef jerky

or just whatever im craving. im alright with having a bowl of chips once or twice a week if it doenst push me up to maintenance
  • zaina510
    zaina510 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hummus with carrots and cucumbers - anytime of the day!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Kind bars. Totally delicious.
    Hummus
    Chips
    Peaches
    Apples
    Veggies and yogurt dip
    Whatever is leftover in the fridge.
    Cookies!
  • karennovchallenge
    karennovchallenge Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    well,
    I learnt that if I don't snack, I am not happy.

So since I am ok with that, I feel better. I eat when I want to, My only limit is to check what I put in my mouth (cal wise).
    As long as I don't go over my cal goal, I am ok.

I also found that I love to eat & enjoy my dinners more than any other meals/snacks, only because hubby is back from work and we spend time together. So, I try loads of vegs & my snacks during the day & keep the fat stuff for the evening.

I make my own pies, tarts, cakes etc so I know exactly how many cals I got for each portion so it is ok to pig out a bit in the evening.
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies with hummus or dip. Peanut butter (right on the spoon or sometimes on celery or multigrain bread or bananas). Cottage cheese. Cheese sticks/snacks. Nuts.
  • ChefSteveUrso
    ChefSteveUrso Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Dates are a good replacement for candy and cookies. 5 is a serving which is more than enough. I usually eat 2 dates and normal handful of almonds as a great snack
  • MzNeecie
    MzNeecie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    fruit
    granola bars the fiber one 90 calorie bars are nice
    trailmix (i tend to make my own that way i can use unsalted nuts which helps reduce the water weight as i drink tons of water)
    peanut butter crackers
    popcorn (i can eat that all day everyday)
    dry roasted unsalted almonds, cashews, pine nuts, pecans
    cheese stick or laughing cow light
    yogurt with berries

I LOVE SNACKS!!!!
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I make DIY 100-calorie snack packs of sunflower seeds or those tasty crunchmaster gluten-free seed crackers. (I'm not a no-gluten person, but got hooked on those.)

Others I love:
    Dried dates -- 20 calories each -- instead of the snack-size candy bars here at work

Tanka bars -- high protein, low-cal, basically pemmican made with buffalo meat. A little spendy, but nice here and there. Less fat and salt than standard beef sticks and jerky.

Kind Bars Madagascar almond flavor for when I need something more substantial. It's the highest protein, least sugar of their brand I've found so far other than the protein-powder-enriched ones, which I don't like to buy. No offense to anyone who uses protein powder, but I shy from the stuff as it's a little more processed than I want on a regular basis.

Salted, roasted almonds, 'nuff said.

Babybel cheese with an apple -- I like the portion-control aspect of the little Babybel cheeses.

An entire sandwich back of cut-up veggies -- cukes, carrots, celery, broccoli, zucchini, whatever I have in the house. I've always loved raw veggies without dressing. I'm discovering that when you eat that much volume in veggies, you stay full for a really, really long time.

When I'm feeling more decadent, Nilla wafers -- about 15 or 16 calories each. I can eat two or three with a cup of coffee instead of a handful and be fine. Sometimes I want just a taste of something sweet. The name brand has HFCS and hydros in them, which I try to avoid, but the Albertson's store brand doesn't.
  • CiaoMama
    Options
    Homemade trailmix - peanuts, sliced almonds, raisins, pumpkin seeds, a few m&ms

Homemade granola - oats, chopped nuts (unsalted, any kind), seeds (unsalted, any kind), craisins, almond butter, chopped chocolate bits, and honey. Sometimes I add a tbsp of wheat germ.

1/2 cup of a healthy cereal and a Stonyfield organic kids' size yogurt

Apple slices and peanut butter or string cheese. Sometimes I add a couple of whole wheat triscuits.

Cucumber sticks with apple cider vinegar (I hate vinegar, but my husband loves it and it's good for you.)