3lbs lost and under

Options
I was wondering, Who has been here and lost 3lbs or less?
I have been doing this since end of Oct and only lost 3lbs. Its irritating My gf started the same time and has lost 10lbs more than me and I understand b/c she has more fat to lose. I just would have thought that after 3 months I would be down at least 5-10lbs.

Replies

• hviola
    hviola Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One thing I found out I was doing wrong, is that I was actually eating too many calories and not realizing it. I started measuring my food with a scale and measuring cups, and boy my guesses were off, lol. Two months had gone by and I had only lost 1 pound. Now, another month later and I am down 4. (I am on a 1/2 lb a week loss plan.)

Some other things I did: I quit drinking soda or alcohol, except for special occasions. (I can't believe how many calories those things have!) And I don't eat back the calories I burn through exercise.
  • blakjac6
    Options
    It all depends what you are doing to lose weight. For instance, if you are doing alot of exercising, you are probably building muscle (which we know weighs more than fat). Have you measured your waist or hips? Are your pants looser? Sometimes the number on the scale isn't the only indication that you are losing weight. I know it's frustrating to barely lose weight, but many times your body is changing even if the numbers on the scale arent. :)
  • kimberly428
    Options
    Are you working out?
    Keeping within your cal goals? How about your sodium?
    I would start to take a look at what you have been doing and adjust from there.
  • brownof4
    Options
    I've been on for a month and lost 6 pounds. Meanwhile my mother has lost over 10 pounds in less than a month. I exercise more than her...but she's bigger than me so she's peeling off the pounds quicker because any kind of exercise for her is burning calories. I was frustrated but now I realize that I am loosing inches and I have much more energy since I started MFP. Don't get frustrated...3 pounds is good. Maybe you can look at her food diary and see what's she's eating differently. You guys should give each other suggestions.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yes of course I'm watching what I eat.

I work out 3 days a week at Curves (switching gyms next month b/c all Curves did over the past 5 years is add muscle/weight).
    EA Sports Active 2 4days a week on the 9 week fitness challenge.

I have adjusted all of MFP stuff a few times. From doing 1/2lbs a week to the 1lbs a week. Right now I have my cals at 1320 and my BMR was 1457. I'm sticking with this until Feb 17th b/c it say in 5 weeks I'd loose 5lbs so if not ugh I hope to have lost some. I hope when I join another gym it will kick start my progress.