Armpit fat/lump?

Options
Hi everyone,

I have this stubborn armpit lump that never goes away. Even when I was very young and weighed 115 lbs, I have alway had an armpit lump. My armpits are not hollow like most people. When I lift my arm, I have this big round protruding node. I have it checked out by my doctor and was told it is not a swollen node it is just fat. I don't wear sleeveless tops/shirts/dresses because of this. My arms are not flabby or heavy, they are on thin side.

Currently I weigh 132, height 5'5", trying to loose 10 lb., I would really like work on my armpit area. I would love to have those hollow looking armpits or even something just flat without protruding fat.

I have googled and searched on youtube, most of the exercises are for flabby arms. Can you guys suggest something? Could it be genetic?

Replies

• bke52
    bke52 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It sounds like tissue migration from an ill-fitting bra, honestly. You should look into the "A Bra That Fits" sub-reddit (reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/) and measure yourself correctly for a bra.

Most women are wearing bras that are too large in the band and much too small in the cup. When we do that, the underwires are too small for our breasts and press on the tissue, eventually spreading it out. Fat like you are describing is very common. If you start wearing a properly fitted bra, over a period of 6 months or so, the tissue will usually migrate back to your breasts and you'll notice a subtle shape or fullness change in your breasts, too.
  • Lavender_2
    Options
    It sounds like tissue migration from an ill-fitting bra, honestly. You should look into the "A Bra That Fits" sub-reddit (reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/) and measure yourself correctly for a bra.

Most women are wearing bras that are too large in the band and much too small in the cup. When we do that, the underwires are too small for our breasts and press on the tissue, eventually spreading it out. Fat like you are describing is very common. If you start wearing a properly fitted bra, over a period of 6 months or so, the tissue will usually migrate back to your breasts and you'll notice a subtle shape or fullness change in your breasts, too.

I think I have checked that Reddit measurement guide before. I currently wear 34D, and you are right, I have worn improper bras in the past. I used to be 32D, which was a pain to find. Do you suggest bra without underwire might be better?
  • Lavender_2
    Options
    Anyone else have any suggestions?
  • caspercb
    caspercb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was watching a medical TV show the other night and a there was a lady diagnosed with having axillary breast tissue in her armpits. If that is what you have their advice is probably not what you want to hear in that they said generally it reduces as you age, starting around your 30's and other than that there's only really liposuction to reduce the physical appearance, weigh loss will help to some extent but not overly.
  • bke52
    bke52 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Underwires themselves are not really the problem, improperly sized underwires are. Underwires differ in shape depending on a bra's cut and its manufacturer, so once you find the right size, you then have to find the right fit and it does sometimes take a lot of searching. UK brands have much better sizing, a wider range of sizes, and usually more consistent fit, as well.

To reverse tissue migration, you really do need a properly fitted underwire, though. The band has to be firm enough to hold tissue in place, while the underwire is large enough to actually contain all of your breast tissue. Then you "swoop and scoop", which means that you pull all of your breast tissue into the cups--the difference is dramatic. It's actually fitting all of your tissue into a cup of adequate size that allows for the reversal of tissue migration.