Getting Back on the Weight Loss Wagon

Options
Before, I had lost 68 lbs, I was 174 and down from a 242 weight. I got a little lazy. Shot up to 187 lbs. Got pregnant! Shot up to 239 lbs the day before my daughter was born May 23. Now I'm back, since my baby was born I've lost 38 lbs clean eating and exercising, but I need the extra focus and motivation myfitnesspal gave me before, since I want to get to a weight of 140 lbs by Spring 2015--AND IT HAS TO STAY OFF THIS TIME!

Height: 5'6"
Highest weight: 242
Lowest weight: 174
Starting weight: 201
Goal weight: 160 by my birthday in late January
Ultimate goal weight: 135-140 by Spring 2015

Replies

• TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    You're talking about 10 pounds a month lost to achieve your goal. Sure it can be done, but there could be some unwanted side effects from that. Rapid weight loss can CAN cause that excess saggy skin. Just saying.
  • shevyface
    Options
    Meant to type 160! But true, I didn't know a lot about weight loss before and had that problem. And the 160 isn't even set in stone. As long as it's coming off I'll be happy, honestly.
  • jamesnewberrysr
    jamesnewberrysr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My advice is not to set a time goal. I know the program does it as a way of meeting your short term goals and eventually the long term goal. My suggestion is not to set any time goal, but to try to go as many days in a row as possible meeting your daily calorie goals. Measure what you have done and not what you intend to do.
  • shevyface
    Options
    Thanks! That's good advice!
  • rachswango
    rachswango Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 50 pounds before the spring and build lean muscle so I am right there with you girl, except I have never weighed what I want.
  • tofufingers
    tofufingers Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Michelle and I would love to be your friend and to support you! I am motivational, upbeat, and I am constantly online.

I have added you! :)
    Anyone who wants to add me is welcome too. I would love to meet everyone :3

Welcome to MFP <3
  • pattialling
    Options
    Hi! I totally know what you are talking about! I lost about 50 pounds in about a year when I was 19 and then I gained it all back in 3 years because I was being careless. I currently weigh 272 pounds (I was 280 when I started 15 days ago), I am 6 ft tall and would like to weight 180! I have 100 pounds to lose and will not stop will I get it!

I'm going to school for Applied Exercise Science and Nutrition in the fall, totally feel free to add me, I'm super encouraging!

I believe you can reach you goal! You can TOTALLY do this!

-Patti
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Great goal to stay strong during the winter months so that you can go out in the spring looking healthier!