First 50lbs down (with pics)

Options
In 2006 I joined Weight Watchers, lost 60lbs+ and got down to my lowest adult weight at 159lbs, before going travelling and heading off to uni. I felt great and I kept most of it off too, until 2010 when a bad patch sent me straight back to comfort eating and by summer 2012 I'd put most of them back on. Between summer 2012 & summer 2013 I lost about a stone (14lbs) with Weight Watchers again, but I just couldn't commit to the new system. I took a holiday with my boyfriend and I was so poorly and exhausted - my weight was affecting my health and I knew it needed addressing properly.

I came to MFP properly on Oct 07, 2013 at 201lbs. In late July 2014 I I finally hit the -50lbs mark by eating 1200-1500 calories a day and swimming several times a week and by allowing myself time off if I want it. I know my progress is slow, but slow progress is still progress. I have several chronic and acute health conditions - which are not weight related - so some weeks are harder than others but I'm still trying! I'm not at goal yet but I thought I'd post these photos to remind myself to KEEP GOING! I can't see a tremendous difference but I'm hoping other people can. :)

June 2013 - About 205lbs
d26ed511-509a-4860-90b5-e7329ae7168c.jpg

August 2014 - 150lbs
3733f6fa-fd19-4a27-8e01-6a55aa5c945f.jpg

Replies

• melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great success and you look much younger too :) An yes you can see a huge difference especially in your face!
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • SmartForAGirl
    SmartForAGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good for you! 50 lbs is a huge accomplishment. On my rough days, I make my SO tell me stories about how we'll celebrate when I hit 50 lbs. lost!
  • jasmang
    jasmang Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and an inspiration! :)
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic achievement you should be so proud of yourself! At what height are you? as you look similar to me!!
  • missbirrell
    Options
    Wow fantastic achievement you should be so proud of yourself! At what height are you? as you look similar to me!!

I'm just about 5ft 4. :)
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wonderful. You look smashing and all the hard work has paid off. I agree with you that slow and steady wins the race.
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Everyone should be able to tell the difference you look awesome, great work.
  • Stefmoray
    Stefmoray Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and much younger! Great job, keep tracking!
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You look lovely, well done :flowerforyou:
  • jad7986
    jad7986 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I agree with the other posters - you look younger now.
    Keep up the hard work!!
  • Clubstav
    Clubstav Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and great achievement. Im getting started myself and your success gives confidence for success
  • BlondeButtercup127
    BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    You're looking great! There is definitely a difference!! Keep up the amazing work & congratulations!!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look awesome! Great job!
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Your progress isn't slow, 50 pounds in less than a year is a pretty decent pace.
  • Monnik73
    Monnik73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You are adorable. I agree - I don't think your weight loss has been all that slow at all. Great job!
  • vikinglass
    Options
    Congratulations :-) impressive
  • baybear14
    baybear14 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great work, and yes you can see a big difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!