Four month into my journey, down 63.9lbs

Options
A little background: I am a 34yo mother of four children ranging in age from 9-14. At 5'9" I have never been what one would call petite, even in high school when I played rugby and travel softball, I carried about 175 lbs. Fast forward through 4 kids, a trans-continental move, a multi-state move and full-time school and I really let myself go. All the way to 375.3 lbs, which is where I was April 18th, my "official" start date. I know exactly how I got there (hello big mac, large fries, plus 10 mcnuggets and a large sprite!) and am not ignorant about nutrition or health, more wilfully blind, I suppose. My kids are all slender and strong and we've always eaten well at home, in general.

Okay, after that rambling, I just got tired of it. Tired of being fat and sore and my kids being unable to wrap their arms around me. Tired of turning off the dang lights and just tired of all of it.

In four months of making progressively better choices and really paying attention to what I am shoving in my face, I am down nearly 64 lbs. That is 17% of my initial body weight and a drop from a BMI of 55.4 to 46. I still fall into the category of class III obesity, but the difference I can feel is amazing. I have literally lost more than my 9yo weighs!

I still have a long way to go, since my final goal weight is the middle of my healthy weight range for BMI, but I'm getting there!

Replies

• Theotherkels
    Options
    Awesome job - especially with taking care of four kids! Sometimes I feel like my head is going to spin off and I just have one :)
  • baybear14
    baybear14 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That's great! Keep it going.
  • healthyfitwannabe
    healthyfitwannabe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You have accomplished an amazing amount of effort and weight loss for all the right reasons. Way to go!

I understand how overwhelming it is to start when you have a lot of weight to lose. But you are well on your way to a healthier life. Keep going even if you have a less than ideal day, week, or even several weeks. Keep posting in your diary and coming here for support and to offer encouragement to others on the journey.

Your accomplishments are an inspiration for me to continue to my goal. I started 273 pounds and have lost 57 pounds so far. I have bounced up and down 5 to 10 pounds over the past few months, but I have recently set a mini goal and am determined to be under 200 pounds by my birthday in December. Thanks for reminding me what can be accomplished in the course of a few months with determination and consistency!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! All your hard work has paid off. Congratulations!
  • Sumom42
    Sumom42 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is a wonderful achievement.
  • freckled_belle
    Options
    You're doing fantastic! Congrats! Keep it up =)
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's a terrific accomplishment. Your hard work is definitely working.
  • Dourpussdora
    Dourpussdora Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    you have done amazing so far, well done :-)
  • thenolanz
    thenolanz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So fantastic -- keep up the good work!
  • Kimberrh6
    Kimberrh6 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You are doing amazing. I myself am 5'9" and at my fittest, weighed 175. I wasn'y comfortable at that weight, but now thats my goal number to get back to. I was up to 255 and now I'm at ~233. Feel free to add me if you want! :) Tall girls unite! :D
  • Serenitynow29
    Serenitynow29 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hero!
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a tremendous amount to lose in so little time. Here's to feeling great!!
  • 1HealthyStar
    Options
    Congrats to you! This is very inspiring!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    that's FANTASTIC!! REALLY REALLY WELL DONE!!
  • wjelly
    wjelly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job so far.
  • debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Especially while taking care of some many other people.
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well done.
    You've done a fantastic job so far.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm really proud of you! You are doing an amazing job! :]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!