Stevia in the Raw vs. Aspertame- How to get my Soda right

Options
Doc told me to get rid of aspartame and other sugar substitutes. She did say Stevia is a good alternative but I HAVE TO HAVE my soda pop. Any thoughts or suggestions? Any Soda with Stevia out there? I thought about buying a soda maker. It is my only vice so don't tell me to give it up!

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My only recommendation would be club sodas that arent sweetened. If you want to sweeten it yourself you can use sweet drops which is made from stevia
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    one of my buddies has a soda stream, he says its awesome. you can basically make carbonated versions of any drink
  • onecatleadstoanother
    Options
    What about the old school retro pepsi or the Jones soda? They are sweetened with real sugar
  • youngmommy2
    youngmommy2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    they do sell a sell soda made with stevia called Zevia. I have never tried it so I can't tell you how it tastes.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    they do sell a sell soda made with stevia called Zevia. I have never tried it so I can't tell you how it tastes.

I've tried it, it's pretty good. Though, not all flavors are created equal.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I get this stuff at my local Hyvee. The cola one is trash, but the rest are good. Not worth the money though imo.

zevia_stevia-soda-1024x391.jpg
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    They're good. My brother drinks nearly 10 cans a day and wanted to switch from aspartame, so he got those. The ginger root beer is especially good. They're expensive, though, at nearly $1/can.
  • heirloomtomato
    heirloomtomato Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Do you have phenylketonuria?

If not, get a new doctor because the one you have is a quack.
  • jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I feel for ya! Soda, regular, was my vice for 35+ years, I could never give it up cold turkey but I had to when I found out 3 weeks ago that I developed type 2 diabetes. I don't like diet, and I'm trying to avoid the artificial sweeteners, but I still have one sometimes to get my beloved fizzies.

I'm going to try the Zevia as some suggested. If you try it, hope you like it! Good luck :)
  • Vupe
    Vupe Posts: 80
    Options
    No PKU issues. Zevia sounds like something to try and to get a soda maker is a great idea. Never thought about flavoring Seltzer/Club Soda but a great idea too. Something has got to give though because I have read more and more on how these chemical sweeteners are not helping with issues such as fatigue and weight gain. Thanks for your input all.