Scale

Options
I know one of my problems is I live by the scale, however, the scale at the gym is finicky. I am thinking of buying one for my house. Any suggestions on a good one?

If you don't live by the scale how do you set goals?

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Amazon has good prices on scales and you could read the reviews before buying one.

I don't live by the scale. I set my goal based on my average weight every 4 weeks and take measurements every two weeks.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I live by my pants. At least by how they fit. Use a tape measure to see how you are doing. The most important scale in my house is the food scale.
  • mundaycarroll
    mundaycarroll Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know the difference in what makes a scale a good one or bad one.. I know I used to refuse to own a scale because I am obsessed with it. I struggle to keep myself off of it multiple times a day. But I finally broke down and bought one about a year or so ago. I prefer digital ones because they are easier to read. But honestly I just went to Walmart and picked one that looks good and was decently priced.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I can recommend any EatSmart product. About $30 on Amazon. Very accurate (vs doctors scales) and reliable results.

(from a happy daily weigher and charter)
  • Kimmerz020202
    Kimmerz020202 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bought the Weight Watchers digital scale at Bed, Bath & Beyond for less than $30 and really like it. It also calcuates your body fat lbs., body fat %, bone %, water %, and BMI. I get on once a week or twice a month, depending on how well I am doing. I also measure once a month and that motivates me.
  • SarahWalsh36
    SarahWalsh36 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

The scale at my gym varies depending on where it is....very frustrating. I don't want to buy a scale but besides measuring myself I am not sure how else to gauge how I am doing. Plus I have set up goals for myself where I get prizes when I have hit a certain weight.

This is so hard :(
  • megacoco
    megacoco Posts: 32
    Options
    Measuring is a good way to keep track. It might move slower than weight, but is a better guideline as to your progress. If you put on muscle you might be disappointed at seeing your weight go up... until you find you've lost some inches off your waist! Ultimately it's whatever is most motivating and comfortable for you. I do both.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    I know one of my problems is I live by the scale, however, the scale at the gym is finicky. I am thinking of buying one for my house. Any suggestions on a good one?

If you don't live by the scale how do you set goals?
    What makes you think the scale at the gym is finicky?