Running Shoes

My feet have been killing me when I work out to the point I have to stop.....this is very frustrating! I have a pair of Reebok's Mens running shoe, and a older pair of Shox......both are killing my feet! I have a very long, narrow foot, with a high heel! I wear about a 10.5 in womens but most women's sizes that big are way to wide. Therefore I typically try to find a narrow men's shoe! This is beyond frustrating.....and right now I do really think this is hurting my work out abilities! Any suggestions on a good comfortable running shoe to try?

Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Check out the New Balance Minimus line of shoes.... also Merrell, Innov8 and Altra....
  • atac9806
    atac9806 Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you! :)
  • peanutbutter_runner
    peanutbutter_runner Posts: 36 Member
    I have Asics GT 2000's, and they're wonderful. :) I got a pair a half size bigger than my regular size, and they're perfect.
  • atac9806
    atac9806 Posts: 9 Member
    I was wonder about those I had some asics a few years back and loved them! They seem like they run narrow, which is a great thing for me!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Have you tried inserts - there are athletic ones
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Do you have a Running shoe store that you can go too? Mine is about 70 miles away and well worth the trip. They will do a one on one with you and watch your gait, see if you are a heel striker or midfoot striker, etc , and will watch you run. Then they will bring out a few makers of shoes they feel would be best for your particular stride, let you try them on and walk/jog around the store to find the pair you like... I searched and searched for a pay that would work going to all the box stores for years and wasted a bunch of money cause none of them worked. Went to my running shoe store get evaluated and walked out with the perfect shoe for me and have never looked back.... Best of Luck
  • mooms510
    mooms510 Posts: 7 Member
    Nike Structure Triax - go up to a woman's 11 or I use a men's 10. They are narrow shoe. Also you need to buy new shoes every 6 months if you run a lot. Shoes nowadays just break down faster. I agree also go to a running store. I recommend this one: http://www.runningroom.com/hm/inside.php?lang=1&id=3033