Anyone know how the Vivofit calorie adjustments work?

Options
I picked up a Garmin Vivofit today. I like what it does, but I'm not understanding how the calorie adjustments work when it syncs with MFP.

Does anyone with more experience with the device understand it?

Forum searches and playing around have not made it any clearer.

Replies

• PapaChanoli
    PapaChanoli Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I did turn on negative adjustments. That may be adding to my confusion.
  • AnitaGunn
    AnitaGunn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been using my Vivofit now for about a month... a few things I have found that may help you

When you sync you Vivofit (I sync to my ipad) it shows calories burned
    When I next go into my fitness pal - there is an adjustment to my exercise. It automatically takes standard calories burned for a day, subtracts how much actual calories burned as reported by you Vivofit and makes an adjustment there.

You do have to sync your vivofit connect account with you my fitness pal account.

This works well, but leaves some questions in my mind - like, if I do 30 minutes on a treadmill, or elliptical, do I add that separately to my fitness pal exercise or would that be double counting the "step"? As far as standard daily walking goes, I think it's probably pretty accurate - it's the extras I am not sure how to count.
  • flibberdajibbitt
    flibberdajibbitt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've just purchased a vivofit yesterday and am trying to figure this out as well...
  • d4rkkn16ht
    d4rkkn16ht Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Vivofit is only a step counter + watch.
    If you really want it to track your daily activities, use a HRM when you are working out.
    By using HRM, it will be more accurate in calories adjustment.