Plan for losing 30 lbs in 2 months?

Options
Hi all,
First off I haven't been logging food or activity on MFP so i apologize to those who wish to refer to it for what I have been doing lately. Due to a hormone imbalance I gained about 40 lbs after getting to my lowest weight in my adult life (110 lbs, 5'8, large frame). I am now about 150 lbs and finally stopped gaining but need to lose this extra weight as quickly as possibly without major crash diets. I am going to aim for about 800 calories and an hour of cardio a day for about 6 weeks, then raise my calories slowly until i hit a spot that I am able to maintain the loss on a slower rate. Does anyone have advice on whether i should break my calories down into several very small meals, or split it into 3 main meals, and if I should just go low glycemic or reduce carbs drastically?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Rethink your plan. It is unhealthy.
  • akgreen324
    akgreen324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Rethink your plan. It is unhealthy.

^ Uh yeah this is a bad idea
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me..Feel free to add me
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    No. Not good.

110 pounds on 5 ft 10 female is very thin.

This thread may not last long.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Your goal is unrealistic. All of it. You're already at ideal weight (maybe even a smidge on the lower end of that) for a large frame at your height. And your time frame and calorie goal are both dangerous and ridiculous. You need to reconsider. Good Luck!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and my goal weight is 155, at 110 I would be so unhealthy. I know I am big boned……….

Why the low weight goal??
  • killimanjar0
    Options
    You probably look dynamite at 5'8" and 140!!!! I am 5'3" and I want to eventually be 140... so, that should give you some perspective, I hope.

It is bad for your heart to lose weight too quickly. If you want advice from not the internet, consult your doctor! They will have the most reliable info anyways.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    Just leaving this link here for no one in particular

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support
  • TyphonRex
    TyphonRex Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    800 kcals a day with an hour of cardio sounds pretty close to a crash diet.

5'10" woman at 150lbs wanting to go to 120?

More power, but dropping that in two months is going to be a bear of a time.
  • megacoco
    megacoco Posts: 32
    Options
    800 calories a day is a crash diet... To quote the relevant portion of this article: http://www.livestrong.com/article/76506-weight-loss-per-week/

"Most nutritionists, such as those at Harvard School of Public Health and the National Institutes of Health recommend slow and steady weight loss at a rate of about 1 or 2 pounds per week. "

Try using something like this to calculate how many calories per day you should eat: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

If I plug your info in, assuming exercise 3x a week, even the "reckless" weight loss plan suggests at least 1500 calories per day. The recommended weight loss plan is about 1700 calories.

Eating only 800 calories and excessively exercising are disordered eating behaviors and are not sustainable or healthy.
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Whats up with all the bacon hating peeps in the forums today...
    Despite what you might think you can both lose weight and eat food. Its my preferred method really. I mean I get to eat and look hot. Who could ask for more? Except maybe more bacon. Yes, more bacon please!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Just leaving this link here for no one in particular

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support

So much this.
    Seek help OP.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    You say you want to lose weight as quickly as possible, without crash dieting, and then go on to support a VLCD of 800 a day BEFORE you work out a whole hour. That my dear, is the definition of a crash diet.
  • harriyot
    harriyot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The only way to do this I can see would be to amputate a limb. Please don't do that - stick with a healthy 2lb-per-week loss and plenty of exercise and good food.

Good luck!
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    The only way to do this I can see would be to amputate a limb. Please don't do that - stick with a healthy 2lb-per-week loss and plenty of exercise and good food.

Good luck!

At her size, even 2lbs per week would not be particularly healthy.
    Whats up with all the bacon hating peeps in the forums today...
    Despite what you might think you can both lose weight and eat food. Its my preferred method really. I mean I get to eat and look hot. Who could ask for more? Except maybe more bacon. Yes, more bacon please!

:huh: Are you in the right thread? Perhaps I missed the bacon-hating
  • sarahrosheen
    sarahrosheen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    even if you DO keep it up for 6 weeks, which I doubt because you will burn out. you will just gain all the weight back plus more after you stop. SLOW AND STEADY !
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    just no. Speaking of crashing and burning.

Your plan is awful.

Do it the right way. The way you want to do it, you'll lose a ton of muscle and then just binge and end up bigger than ever. Please don't.
  • sarahrosheen
    sarahrosheen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    and yeah! im 5'6 and my goal is 140 ! your goal really isn't very realistic
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    800 calories a day for someone working out for an hour is a crash diet.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The fastest way to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time is to cut off a limb.

Sorry if this is not what you want to here, however the whole idea is stupid, and potentially dangerous. If you're obsessing over this you may need some help to confront that - otherwise if you are just looking for a way to lose weight, then maintain a realistic deficit - bearing in mind that your body needs at least 1200ishkcal a day to stay alive during a coma... ok?
This discussion has been closed.