Fruit..natural sugar...

Options
Can you gain weight from eating fruit being it has natural sugar in it ? Whenever I have fruit it seems like I add on a pound or so.

Replies

• marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    No no no no. Fruit is good for you. Weight gain comes from a surplus of calories. Eat all the fruit and then more.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    You can gain weight from eating anything if you eat enough of it. Fruit does not inherently cause weight gain, nor does sugar, nor do any individual foods. Weight gains and losses are determined by overall calorie content of a diet. If you eat more then you burn in a day, you gain weight in the long run. If you burn more then you eat, you lose weight.
  • RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    do you know how many apples you would have to eat to get fat...that would be pretty awesome if you could pull it off
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Only if you eat more calories than you burn. So sure, if you eat 2000 calories of normal food and another 1000 calories of fruit, yes, you'll gain weight.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    You can gain weight eating celery if you eat enough of it.

Fruit sugar is not inherently bad. It certainly isn't as bad as jelly beans and chocolate.

Damn I just made myself hungry.
  • gilmore606
    gilmore606 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bro look it up right here on MFP fruit aint got no calories eat a ton of it every day and you'll turn into captain planet maybe you might need some gilby's gin to go with it tho is the only thing ok peace