headphones that don't fall out

Options
... or cost a fortune.

any good headphone suggestions that stay put while running etc. but aren't insanely expensive? (ie i won't cry if i lose or break them!) should be available online (US shipping) or in-store. bonus points for anything on amazon prime.

HELP?

Replies

• mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Polk Audio Ultra Fit!!!!! They rock, literally. They have a couple of different models but start at $39.00 Can. at Best Buy. You will not be disappointed.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I've been using one set of Sony M2 Sports for like 8 years. I can't believe they still work great. They probably don't even sell them anymore but they were like $15.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with earbuds - the Apple-style ones don't fit in my ear at all, and other pop out.

The best I've found so far are these: http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-Noise-Isolating-Graphite-Grey/dp/B0043M9ATI/ .

In the winter I wear a headband that covers my ears, which keeps pretty much any in-ear headphones from coming out.

If you want to go really cheap, get skullcandy earphones with the foam tips. The only problem is that the foam hardens over time, so you have to keep replacements around.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Motorola S10-HD. I got mine for $25. Shop around and you can find some pretty cheap. They're not the latest and greatest but they work just fine and they're nearly waterproof.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds have been the winner for me! They also let in some of the ambient noise, which means you can still hear cars etc when running with them in.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds worked well for me.
  • runs_in_heels
    runs_in_heels Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks All! some great suggestions & i'll look at them tonight!!
  • CodeMonkey78
    CodeMonkey78 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds have worked the best for me.

Fair warning: I previously had the Bose Sie2i's and the JBL Reflect-A's. The sound quality was great, but I sweat a lot while running -- they didn't survive two months with me. I had to warranty the Bose twice and the JBL's once. The both had great sound quality, but none of them could survive my long runs. No problems with the Yurbuds thus far..
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sony MDR-J10 H.Ear Headphones with Non-Slip Design - find them on Amazon... $10-11 I love them... never been a fan of earbuds, and these are pretty comfortable for over the ear
  • Jhoerman
    Jhoerman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    JVC HAEBX5s some random persons triathlon blog I was reading recommended these and they are definitely the best i've found (and under $10) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XQLNMC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I could never get a pair of earbuds to stay in so I go for ones that clip over your ear. There are plenty of different brands - I got some JBL ones with a Groupon and they rock.

Ex like: http://www.google.com/shopping/product/1257595819513595628?lsf=seller:7933,store:1523746838613386548
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-jlab-go-wireless-bluetooth-sport-headphones-with-sport-armband

I will just say i ordered this set up the other day. i am waiting on it to ship. I have been wanting to get away from a wired headphone for a while but they are just too pricey. after reading reviews on this product. i jumped on the deal. people were saying they are nice headphones. they wont be without issues i am sure.

I cant comment on how they stay in since i haven't received them yet.

i use currently a jvc brand that has a foam insert. but like someone else said, the foam will get hard after a while and then they will start to fall out easily. I bought my last pair at big lots for 5 dollars. i use to buy them at walmart for 20. downside to the last couple pairs was the cord tends to be a little shorter than i would like it to be. a couple more inches and i would be happy.
  • Dgydad
    Dgydad Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Polk Audio Ultra Fit!!!!! They rock, literally. They have a couple of different models but start at $39.00 Can. at Best Buy. You will not be disappointed.

I enthusiastically second this! My wife bought me a set of Polks that wrap around the top of the ear, and they stay pretty tight.
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Options

I enthusiastically second this! My wife bought me a set of Polks that wrap around the top of the ear, and they stay pretty tight.

QFT!
  • runs_in_heels
    Options
    Sony MDR-J10 H.Ear Headphones with Non-Slip Design - find them on Amazon... $10-11 I love them... never been a fan of earbuds, and these are pretty comfortable for over the ear

ahh! had some like these before - seem to recall they worked great!
  • runs_in_heels
    Options

QFT!

awesome. i'll def check them out!
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    These just arrived today. I am excited now. i have charged them for just about 4 hours like they tell you to before i realized the little light that comes on when charging was out. so i tried to pair it to my phone and bam. flawless. had music playing from my phone with no issues. music quality was above excellent and these things fit snuggly to your head without being too intrusive or painful.

I walked around my house leaving my phone in one place and had no issues at all. I am hoping to get a run in tonight after school but so far this is the best money i have spent on ear buds ever. NO MORE WIRES. lol.
    http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-jlab-go-wireless-bluetooth-sport-headphones-with-sport-armband

I will just say i ordered this set up the other day. i am waiting on it to ship. I have been wanting to get away from a wired headphone for a while but they are just too pricey. after reading reviews on this product. i jumped on the deal. people were saying they are nice headphones. they wont be without issues i am sure.

I cant comment on how they stay in since i haven't received them yet.

i use currently a jvc brand that has a foam insert. but like someone else said, the foam will get hard after a while and then they will start to fall out easily. I bought my last pair at big lots for 5 dollars. i use to buy them at walmart for 20. downside to the last couple pairs was the cord tends to be a little shorter than i would like it to be. a couple more inches and i would be happy.
  • SpencerGJackson
    SpencerGJackson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd like to recommend Yurbuds as well. I've yet to have them fall out.