Eating all my calories?

Options
Do I have to eat all my calories each day? I get 1200 a day and sometimes just dont eat them all especially if I exercise too, I gain more calories, do I have to eat those too?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you don't, you'll see your weightloss come to a complete halt. Your body NEEDS 1200 NET calories (calories after exercise burned) to run on. If your body doesn't get the 1200 it needs to fuel it, it will hold on to all the calories you are consuming, and you will NOT lose.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Every body is different. I went from 175 to 235 during my first pregnancy because I did EXACTLY what a nutritionist told me to do. I forced myself to eat all the portions that I was supposed to eat because that was "good for me". If you aren't hungry, you aren't hungry. And if you absolutely are not hungry, your body shouldn't be requiring any food.
  • mrslondon
    mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Every body is different. I went from 175 to 235 during my first pregnancy because I did EXACTLY what a nutritionist told me to do. I forced myself to eat all the portions that I was supposed to eat because that was "good for me". If you aren't hungry, you aren't hungry. And if you absolutely are not hungry, your body shouldn't be requiring any food.

Thats the issue i have, I guess now that I have changed my eating since I started 4 weeks ago, im guessing my stomach has shrunk, so im just not hungry. and i dont want to go and eat something bad just to fill in the empty calories
  • julsdolphin
    julsdolphin Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Thats the issue i have, I guess now that I have changed my eating since I started 4 weeks ago, im guessing my stomach has shrunk, so im just not hungry. and i dont want to go and eat something bad just to fill in the empty calories

Why would you go eat something bad? If you know you will be exercising that day, plan to use those calories you earn or at least half of them. If you're eating no fat or low fat foods, try adding some good fat back in, instead of skim milk, use 1%, instead of fat free cheese, use full fat but in smaller portions, etc.
  • harris0324
    Options
    I 2 am having a hard time eating all the calories.. I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I also have 2 snacks a day and drink all 8 glasses of water. sometimes I just can't fit anymore in me. I eat till I am full. I don't over due it.
  • julsdolphin
    julsdolphin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how so many people on here say they can't eat all of their calories. My guess is most of us are on here for eating too many calories to begin with, so how is it that you can't consume the reduced amount of calories given now?

I am making much smarter choices with food and am still able to eat my 1200 calories plus all of the calories I burn exercising.

If you are unable to eat all of your calories, try a little bit higher fat content in foods. Eat some almonds, 1% milk instead of skim, full fat cheese, protein rich foods.etc.

I wish I had the problem of not eating all of my calories...
  • mrslondon
    mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I try to eat foods all day with very low fat, carbs, calories,everything. I guess I could try like you said, half fat milk instead of the skim water stuff, I could adjust my foods, I just didnt know if had to eat the ones i burned but i think i can manage at least half of them at least. Like i said, the only reason im finding it hard is because since being on this diet, im trying to stay away from anything that even looks like it might be high in calories, so im feeling full not everyday but i feel like im overeating if i eat alot in one sitting now.I actually get to the point of just feeling purely guilty
  • Suzy_B
    Suzy_B Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing & the first article posted by Ladyhawk was very useful to me personally. Thank you both :)
  • harris0324
    Options
    I try to eat foods all day with very low fat, carbs, calories,everything. I guess I could try like you said, half fat milk instead of the skim water stuff, I could adjust my foods, I just didnt know if had to eat the ones i burned but i think i can manage at least half of them at least. Like i said, the only reason im finding it hard is because since being on this diet, im trying to stay away from anything that even looks like it might be high in calories, so im feeling full not everyday but i feel like im overeating if i eat alot in one sitting now.I actually get to the point of just feeling purely guilty
    I think you need to do what is best for you. You know your body. Eat till you are full , not stuffed. Eat 6 small meals aday. drink your water, do your exercise. The point is to burn Calories to lose the weight. So you don't have to eat them all back. Example : Biggest loser women eat 1200-1800 cal a day and burn 4000-6000. You don't see them trying to eat them back, but you need to eat enough for your body to have the fuel it needs. I'm just saying you need to eat to lose weight we all know that, so get as close to your daily calories you can. Good luck lady !! keep up the good work :)