30 day shred

Options
So, I did this today for the first time. I couldn't quite get through all the exercises (couldn't do the oblique ab exercise at all, but I did a regular crunch during it). Wow, it really kicked my *kitten*. I can barely go up the stairs. How long do I do this before I continue to level 2? And at what point do you take a rest day? I thought you were supposed to do 10 days at lvl 1, 10 days at lvl 2 and 10 days at lvl 3. Are there really no rest days built in?

Replies

• yassy124
    yassy124 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just finished my second round of the 30 ds this past week. The beginning is killer! I'm usually sore for about 4-5 days at the start, but if you continue doing the workouts and try to ignore the soreness, it eventually subsides. I think you're supposed to do each level for 10 days, but it's really up to you. I know people who do that, others who do level 1 on one day, level 2 on the next, and level 3 on the day after that and just continue for 30 days. I think JM says in a podcast that the video is meant to be done every other day with cardio exercises on off days, but, again, it's up to you. A lot of people do the 30 ds every other day with c25k on the alternating day. The first time I did the video I just took a day break after I finished each level, but this time around I would take a break every 2 days- I found my muscles worked best if I took a rest day in between. Good luck!
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try doing a cardio workout tomorrow. Not sure I could handle doing that again tomorrow anyway. :)
  • brod405
    brod405 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yassy, what were your results?
  • susanyounkin
    susanyounkin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started the shred on August 13th. I planned on doing it for 6 days then 1 day of rest. I can already see the difference. I was sore for the first 3 days, but now I feel my endurance bumping up. I followed Anita (modified) for the first 2 days but slowly built up to following Natalie for everything now!
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great, susan! I hope I can do that, too.
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first round. I took rest days when I needed them, I think 4-5 all together, although they were due more to lack of time than anything else. I think listening to your body is the most important. What works for one person may not work for another.
  • susanyounkin
    susanyounkin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Moonbeams. You can do this!

I have a question for anyone who has done the workout. During the first circuit the end of the circuit is reverse crunches. My insteps start to burn like they are starving for blood. Is there anything I can do to help this out? I've been pausing the video between the first and second circuit and taking a 30 second walk to get the blood flow back and the pain to go away. I don't let my heartrate go below 100, but I am not sure what this does to my calorie burn.
  • yassy124
    yassy124 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @brod405 unfortunately, I didn't measure myself before starting, but I did see changes in terms of toning and less body fat. I lost 10 of the 25 pounds I originally wanted to lose by doing the 30ds as my only exercise and eating at a deficit. My stomach has also gone down a lot.