Wisconsin Dells?

Options
VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
Hi! I was wondering if anyone has ever been to Wisconsin Dells who also remembers what restaurants are available in the area.

I'm hoping to print off a few nutritional info sheets if I can so that I'm a bit more prepared while I'm ordering food there. I'm okay with choosing healthy things and not tracking in detail while I'm there, but if the info is available, that would be preferred.

I imagine fast food will be the restaurants of choice while I'm there. So what might be options? McDonalds? Subway? Culvers? Etc?

Replies

• steveocy1
    steveocy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My family all lives around there. It is tourist-y so they have all the fast food places. I like Culvers. Order a kids meal and there is a coupon for a free cone on bag!
  • Kaylasmom
    Kaylasmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just returned from the Dells.....they have Culvers, Mcdonalds, Arbys, Jimmy johns, KFC, Subway, Dennys, Burger King, Cracker Barrel and Famous Daves.......just to name a few......not to mention the Dunkin Donuts that I tried, unsuccessfully, to avoid:blushing:
  • mtburke2501
    mtburke2501 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A lot of bad for you but good stuff to eat.
    Here is a link to the chambers list of restaurants.
    http://www.dells.com/restaurants
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    Wow great! Thanks!

I'm kind of thinking there are a lot more restaurant options than I thought there were going to be... I might have to splurge for a weekend data and text plan so I can check on my phone :( Boo money...
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Wow great! Thanks!

I'm kind of thinking there are a lot more restaurant options than I thought there were going to be... I might have to splurge for a weekend data and text plan so I can check on my phone :( Boo money...

When you're there, keep it local and avoid those chains, there's too many placed to get good food. That's what we do.

I'd have to recommend Paul Bunyan's for breakfast. Someone will slam it, but I thought the biscuits and gravy were fantastic, especially for that touristy of a joint.

Edit: You're on vacation, enjoy. I went on a 7 day cruise and gained 8lbs. I wiped the 8lbs out after being home 4 days... The weight you'd gain would be all to almost all water.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I was going to say there's always Paul Bunyan's which is largely known for their breakfast. They do have several chains as previously posted.

The chains should have nutrition charts posted or available to you in print so you won't have to check your phone all the time.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    We often go to Moosejaw Pizza and Brewing, but then again I always seek out brewpubs. Kids like it as there is a large game room.

http://www.dellsmoosejaw.com/
  • mikda999
    mikda999 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    We go to the Dells at least once a year, usually twice, and always eat at Marley's. http://www.marleysclub.com
    I like it because not everything there is bad and they have a nice variety.

When we visit the Dells, because food is a real issue, we bring our own breakfasts and lunches and then we only have to worry about dinner and that helps all of us eat right and save some cash. I know it's hard if your going to water parks but most of them have an outside picnic area, you just have to look around or ask.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    We also visit the Dells regularly (three to four times per yr). Lots of restaurants, don't bother with the chains, unless you really want to. There are a few restaurants within some resorts that will be accommodating for 'healthier' diets. I do it all the time. I also bring my own oatmeal/milk and scrambled eggs for breakfasts (most places have microwaves/fridges). Have a great time there!
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you're in the Dells, you gotta try Macs! A awesome mac and cheese shop