I burned 900 calories today and wish I had more "likes"

Options
.. or friends to thumbs up me! :)

I had two friend on MFP for the last few months because that's what I thought I could manage to comment on and keep up with. But one recently deleted her account per her husband's request (I think) and so I am down to one friend. That is a lot of pressure on him!

She was a really supportive friend and while I know I can't replace her I guess I am looking for someone female, around my age (34)… and if you LOVE the Labyrinth then bonus for me!!

Replies

• mommyofjan
    mommyofjan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I log daily and like to cheer on my MFP friends. Feel free to add me :happy:
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm on every day (788 and counting) and may have given up if it hadn't been for the great friends I've made along the way. Sending you a FR. :smile:
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I am a 30 year old female and still have at least 80 lbs to lose :) I will send you a friend request :) I agree the friends here are my biggest motivation and what help keep me going on bad days :)
  • Indigomami
    Indigomami Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 39, feel free to add me :-). How did you burn 900 calories?
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request. I'm on everyday, I don't comment a lot but I am a "liker".
  • GoodLittleEater
    GoodLittleEater Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 39, feel free to add me :-). How did you burn 900 calories?

I ran 4 miles, my longest EVER and then did a hip hop class accidentally. I meant to just go check out a new gym and when I got there it was free for the grand opening so I murdered another 461 cals. I'm tired!
  • GoodLittleEater
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses. I added a bunch from here and the requests that came pouring in and am already worried I won't know everyone well enough to be a solid friend so am going to keep it there for now. Thanks and wishing you all great success!
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your huge burn! More friend = more fun :)

Feel free to add me If you'd like
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:happy:
  • Carlywiese
    Carlywiese Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 with about 90 pounds to lose, very active on MFP although my streak keeps getting messed up by camping trips where there's no internet lol ;) sending you a FR I'm a commenter and "liker" :)
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You may not be getting a lot of responses from your MFP because of your terrifying profile pic. :laugh: :tongue:
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm pretty active here.

Most important, even though you not every post of your will be noticed, keep in mind what the real goal is. Running 4 miles is great! The high you get every time you reach a new goal is a tremendous feeling.
  • thefatveganchef
    thefatveganchef Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You could add me as well, I could use a few more mfp friends.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Honestly you should get over it and do it for yourself. 900 calories is less than a typical workout for me. Yesterday mine was over 2,300. I don't beg for acknowledgement. If you have one friend that notices that's plenty.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Honestly you should get over it and do it for yourself. 900 calories is less than a typical workout for me. Yesterday mine was over 2,300. I don't beg for acknowledgement. If you have one friend that notices that's plenty.

Apparently you DO beg for acknowledgement based your lame attempt at bragging. If you're not looking to give or receive support, then why waste your time trolling the "Introduce Yourself" board when you could be off somewhere achieving a highly exaggerated calorie burn? Most of us are doing what we do for ourselves and find the support and encouragement of others to be motivating.

OP has nothing to 'get over' by acknowledging that a little pat on the back now and then helps with recognizing progress and staying focused on goals.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Apparently you DO beg for acknowledgement based your lame attempt at bragging. If you're not looking to give or receive support, then why waste your time trolling the "Introduce Yourself" board when you could be off somewhere achieving a highly exaggerated calorie burn? Most of us are doing what we do for ourselves and find the support and encouragement of others to be motivating.

OP has nothing to 'get over' by acknowledging that a little pat on the back now and then helps with recognizing progress and staying focused on goals.

Perhaps I was too harsh. I just meant that the OP needs to be doing this for herself. Sorry if that came across wrong. Nothing wrong with motivation but if you depend on external motivation you're going to hit the wall eventually.
  • GoodLittleEater
    Options

Thanks new friend! :)
  • YorkshirePanda
    YorkshirePanda Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm 25, but I LOOOOOOVE Labyrinth!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Who needs friends when you have David Bowie?
    cryjareth2.gif
    tumblr_muvu4zAbei1rqpvzyo2_250.gif
    tumblr_lp3xgtQ5wD1qcse2po1_500.gif
  • lissdawn
    lissdawn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I log daily and though I don't often have a ton of time to comment on everything in my feed, I ALWAYS make sure to like/cheer for accomplishments of others...I know how much work goes into living this lifestyle daily and I am encouraged to continue myself when I see others doing it. So please feel free to add me and we can cheer each other on!! You're not alone! :)