Suggestions for healthy eating on vacation

Options
My sweetie is taking me away for a romantic weekend at the beach this weekend, because I'll be post op on Valentines Day. Now, normally I love the beach in winter. Normally, I love our romantic weekend trips. But, for some reason this time I'm really stressing over what I'm going to eat while we're away. Maybe it's because I really can notice how much weight I'm losing. I'm actually down a pant size now. Maybe, it's because I know that gastric sleeve surgery is in 3 weeks and I want to make sure I don't go buck wild and forget everything I've worked so hard to learn these last 6 months. Whatever it is, I'm really stressing about it now.

When you go away, you're supposed to indulge a little, right? Can't I have something that's not on the recommended food list this weekend? I shouldn't be stressing this much about this!

Replies

• LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    Just remember to control your Portion sizes and drink your water! A vacation is to DEstress! Don't make yourself crazy - just keep a little reminder on how far you've come in the back of your mind! Order childrens portions-salad dressing on the side - baked instead of deep fried . . .

Have a FABULOUS, FUN vacation!!
  • AudreyMegan
    Options
    when you go out to eat just think about everything yuou have learned and what you will look like when you reach your goal... you can eat out almost anywhere, you just have to make sure you are making smart, healthly choices. get something grilled, not fried, and eat a salad with a low fat dressing. you can have great food that is good for you. it just takes some self control! also, dont look at the desserts! all of them are probably bad for you so dont even look at them. If you want a romanitic dessert to share with your sweetie, then go to a local ice cream shop, most of them have a low fat dessert that will be waaayyy better for you!
  • tamiobrien
    Options
    This is a real challenge, but you can overcome it. I suggest you have a solid game plan. Something like; write your meals out on index cards, one for each day. Just look at one a day and don't stress about the rest. Include one indulgence a day like; chocolate cake one day, pizza one day... don't go hog wild but, do enjoy your weekend.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    You know where you are going, so google the restaurants in the area and see what ones offer the best bets for staying on track. Have good meals and maybe a little wine with dinner and save desert for the hotel room! Have a great time!