I've already introduced myself but...

Options
It never hurts to do it again for anyone who missed it the first time!
I'm Cassi! 20 years old, and I have 2 of the sweetest, most beautiful children! My oldest is 3, and the baby just turned 1 last month. I am a stay at home mother, and very self cocious (I know that isn't spelled right but my mind went blank), with no self esteem!
I'm hoping to lose 100 pounds and keep it off! I would LOVE to say I will have lost the 100 pounds this year (in 2011) but I don't think that is realistic.

Can someone help me make little realistic mini goals? Like "I'll be down Xlbs by X date"?
And feel free to add me if you haven't already!
I thrive on other peoples success and motivation!

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Cassi,
    So good to see you back! You have such a beautiful family.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am older than you:blushing: 38 and have 2 children (12&8) I have about 70 lbs to lose and have set myself a mini-goal of 5 lbs/month....not so much that I will get discouraged if I don't make it, and not so little that I won't try....and I figure if I lose more than my 5 each month it will help with the incentive to keep going :laugh:
  • chicka78
    Options
    Cassi, I think that a 5 lbs a month weightloss is very realistic and the beginning months you could see more than that. I gave up soda so my first two weeks I've already lost 5 lbs for this month. Feel free to add me as a friend, I would be happy to provide some encouragement. Weightloss is a continous struggle for me and this year with the help of mfp I plan to accompish it.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I set a coupl eof goasl according to special dates. I began 2011 at 237. I hope to 15 lbs By Mid March. whickh will help me to my goal of losing 30 lbs by my anniversay on June 7th.

My ulitmate goal is to get pregnant..which will of course derail the pounds lost gol for about 9 month.

Set a couple of shourt term goals. Maybe one for valentines day ot easter holiday. The you can reasses from there. Good Luck!
  • jazzhottie
    Options
    I always think that realistic goals are ones that don't have a number attached to them. I also need to lose 100 lbs so I understand where you are coming from. But the truth of the matter is that I got to where I am because I am not as active as I once was and I have developed bad eating habits.

For me emotional eating played a big part in my gaining weight. I ate when I was happy, I ate when I was sad, or mad, or even bored.

The goal I set for myself was to educate myself on healthy eating, put a little more activity in my lifestyle, and to develop better eating habits. I didn't assign an amount and a date to my weight loss.

My gift to myself is a change in lifestyle, not just a diet that I will eventually go off of. I definitely don't want to take away from people who are motivated that way, but it is just not for me.

My best advice is to look deep inside yourself to what would motivate you the most. Give yourself grace. Be good to yourself and know that it won't happen overnight. There will be times when you will fall off the wagon, and there will be times when it is hard.

But if you believe you can change, than you can accomplish most anything.

Hope this was helpful.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    Thank you Hozik!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    bumping
    :)