Just fell off the wagon!

Options
Just fell of the wagon! I just ate 2 bags of famous amos chocolate chip cookies. I am now -458cal for the day! UGH! I was so good at lunch and then I just wanted something a little sweet...2 bags later I am pretty mad at myself! I just needed to confess this, I would normailly hide it from everyone and pretend like I didn't understand why I was not losing weight or give up for the whole day and eat about 5 more bags!! Getting back on track RIGHT NOW! Thanks!

Replies

• jazzhottie
    Options
    You can do it... don't let falling off the wagon discourage you. It happens to EVERYBODY. And if someone says it doesn't happen to them, than they are lying to themselves and everyone else. :flowerforyou:
  • leastwood
    Options
    Just do not give up! We all have those moments, but just do not give up.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    One thing about falling off is you can always get back on if you choose. Shake it off, tomorrow is a new day...
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    You can do it... don't let falling off the wagon discourage you. It happens to EVERYBODY. And if someone says it doesn't happen to them, than they are lying to themselves and everyone else. :flowerforyou:

Boy is that true!
  • deb968
    deb968 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    STRESS AT WORK?? Do not you give up! it is just a little thing in the big picture!! You are fine.
  • allehp
    allehp Posts: 96
    Options
    Happens to the best of us! You'll get back on no problem!
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    tee hee - I have reposted this quote about 5 times today. You are NOT alone!

:flowerforyou: The time to REstart is the MOMENT you take that last bite of something unwise":flowerforyou:

GREAT attitude - brush the crumbs off - brush your teeth and excersize some of those calories away!!
  • 1983Miller
    1983Miller Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes my sweet tooth comes back to haunt me too sometimes. Maybe a bit more exercise tonight?
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you are, it is still pretty early in the day, maybe work some of it off?
  • dbosh
    dbosh Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not sure where I read this, but a wise person said that when those things happen, you just make a U-turn. Don't wait til tomorrow, don't wait until next week. Make the U-turn, get headed the right direction, and put it all behind you. We are all in this together so don't feel like you are the only on that battled Famous Amos and was temporarily defeated.
  • Toninette
    Options
    <Reaching my hand out> to help you get back on the wagon! It's so much more fun on the wagon - view is much prettier!
  • K3LLYSU3
    K3LLYSU3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good for you for your honesty! I am the same way-i hide it. I made chocolate chip cookies for my family the other night at my sons request & I ate the dough & a couple cookies. So I counted 5 cookies on my calorie count & realized how stupid that was to WASTE calories. And also SOOO Mad AT MY SELF!! Back on track good job:) :smile:
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You don't know how much we appreciated your honesty :o) We all have moments where we stumble, that's what I love about MFP, we can be open and honest about both the good and the bad.

If you can get some exercise in today that will help you both physically and will lift your spirits as you will know that you are already back on track. And tomorrow is a new day!
  • yaya0527
    Options
    That's awesome that you even shared that! I had a similar moment the other night eating Gouda cheese and Summer sausage...it's like I couldn't stop! I don't even think I counted it in my diary...:tongue:
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    The fact that you're holding yourself accountable and that you're sharing this is a good thing. I don't think you fell off the wagon, but more like dragging your feet. So pick them back up!!

:o]
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Famous Amos Cookies......yum...but I'll be good. I'm glad our office stopped having them in a stock pile in the cafe area.

jump back on the wagon, do some exercises and stay good for the weekend!
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I really feel your support! Just poured myself a big ole glass of crystal light to start getting everything moving! :drinker:
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    I've been all over the wagon this week... i feel your pain ... im just taking it one hour at a time at this point... it happens to us all... its a learning process...
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I've been all over the wagon this week... i feel your pain ... im just taking it one hour at a time at this point... it happens to us all... its a learning process...

Yes!!! It is a huge learning process- no matter where you are in your journey. I am still learning and figuring things out about myself, what my body needs, why I make wise (and unwise choices) etc... way to put it all out there and move on.

Food does not define you. Your self worth does not have anything to do with food. Food is for nourishing your body and not your soul. Don't let it get you down!