No wonder I am so over weight!

Options
I can't believe how many calories I am consuming!!! I love the food diary. Just keeping track is a big eye opener. If you are not keeping track, I encourage you to do it. What an awesome web site!!!

Replies

• thummell
    Options
    I can't believe how many calories I am consuming!!! I love the food diary. Just keeping track is a big eye opener. If you are not keeping track, I encourage you to do it. What an awesome web site!!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    I agree.....my husband and I were AMAZED at how much we were eating when we started keeping track!
  • mspiggie9
    Options
    I totally understand. I was feeling down and out this evening and thought I'd take myself out to eat...you know emotional eating...and so before I went out, I looked online at the restraunt's websites to check on calories, carbs, and sodium content in the foods I like. I looked at a couple of websites, and found that there was no way I could justify getting out of my pj's and driving to a restraunt to eat food that was seriously bad for me and against what my doctor's have told me to eat. So, I didn't go out. I found some food and a 100 calorie pack in my cabinet and ate those things instead...I even have 58 extra calories for the day!
    So, I understand why you are overweight...same reason that I am...I didn't count my calories and I had no idea how badly I really was eating...till I did some truth searching.
    Shelly
  • fitzio1015
    Options
    i understand too...me and my hubby were checking out restraunts...and the one we looked at and which he eats at everyday for lunch was like 2 days worth in one meal..i said honey i'm packin your lunch...you got this big old puppy face look...it was too cute...but scarey to know my husband and i at one point were putting those things in my body....god i love this site
  • thummell
    Options
    Good job! I'm proud of you! You mentioned the restraunt web site, Where is that??? This just gets better every day!
  • cellorocker
    Options
    My first day was a test day, to see how many calories I consumed. It was about 2400.
    I eat 1200 now.
    And I've lost 10 pounds.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    When I first started here, I did it just to see how much I was consuming but I thought I was doing good, SO WRONG! Even though I don't eat a lot of junk food and snacks, the meals I was eating were higher in calories. You have to ease into a new eating system, if you go cold turkey, you might fail. I have been keeping track just this week and though I am still going over my daily allowance, the numbers are getting smaller.
  • Sabinad
    Options
    I agree, I never realized how many calories some of the foods I eat really have in them. I have been going over my fat allowance but if I exercise I always reverse it. This type of dieting has really worked for me. So far So good. I am excited about it and definetly love the food diary!!!!