Is it normal to want to start eating more once goal met?

Options
I just met my goal of 140lbs but have been noticing that Im being more hungry more often lately? Is this normal? Is this my body's way of telling me lay off a deficit and eat more? My only goal now is not to gain any weight! Next goal for next month after moving across country is to begin heavy weight training so I can have a spool body, not a marshmallow. lol

Replies

• NWalerys1
    Options
    First of all, kudos to you for reaching your goal weight!
    I don't know what you are eating, but you can most definitely be getting hungry way more if you are eating junk food. Make sure you still eat healthy! and drinking enough fluids (water especially) to fill you up. These could be the only reasons I can think of that would cause you to not be full.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Ooh, you're at what my next goal weight is going to be. How do you feel? I'm wondering if it will be low enough for me or not.
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I feel awesome! Just hate the bubble gut. Want that gone. And gonna lift heavy to get it gone. yes i am still eating healthy of course and trying to stay at somewhat of a deficit without logging.
  • smarieallen85
    Options
    What's the bubble gut? Like a belly? Congrats by the way! I'm interested to see how I look and feel at 140. It will be my lightest since I was like...a kid.
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    What's the bubble gut? Like a belly? Congrats by the way! I'm interested to see how I look and feel at 140. It will be my lightest since I was like...a kid.

Yes, my belly is far from flat...some say its from insulin needles, some say it's normal fat that can be burned off. Butttt, it seems for me to get rid of it i might have to lose another 10-15lb....NO THANKS. I will look like a rake.
  • smarieallen85
    Options
    hmmm...yeah don't lose anymore if you don't want to! Maybe the lifting will help!
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It's the white in foods that make you hungry. Typically bread, rice, potatoes, chips, etc. if you're starting to eat more of that, then that may be the problem.
  • coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just met my goal of 140lbs but have been noticing that Im being more hungry more often lately? Is this normal? Is this my body's way of telling me lay off a deficit and eat more? My only goal now is not to gain any weight! Next goal for next month after moving across country is to begin heavy weight training so I can have a spool body, not a marshmallow. lol

Congrats on reaching your goal and good job for setting a new one. This will help to keep you focused. Now that you have reached your goal you need to eat to maintain; not lose. So, if you're still eating at a deficit your body is basically saying "woman I'm where you wanted me to be now reward me for that with more food" :) what you need to do is add back the calories slowly. 100-150 a day for about a week. Once you hit a # where you stop losing weight you've found your balance/maintain amount. If you gain weight first off don't panic. Just chop off 50 at a time til you stop gaining but make sure when you chop that you don't start losing again either (except what little you might have gained back). Also the same applies if you're still losing weight after about a week of upping. Add 50 a day after that first week of 100-150 until you stop losing. Hopefully this makes sense. You also want to give your body time to adjust to being in maintenance mode instead of loss mode. It can take a couple months for this to happen so the key is to be patient and not panic or get frustrated.

-Felicia
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I have so far to go that I feel a little ridiculous offering YOU advise! But I agree - too many carbs make you hungrier. I just discovered that when I hit my protein and fat macros, and go a little under on carbs that I feel less hungry.

Congratulations on reaching your goal! And good luck with the lifting.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Slowly increase calories to maintenance levels. I met my goal over a month ago and I'm not even at maintenance level calories yet.
  • djpro1337
    djpro1337 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Once I met my goal weight, or goal look rather, I started to eat more. I quickly caught it before it got out of control :), but without logging and pushing for a goal, we get comfortable. I can tell a huge difference in what I eat when I'm logging vs. when I'm not logging. I advise to continue logging and staying at maintenance calories. It's very easy to slip up and start eating all kinds of food when you don't have to log it in and see all those calories. That's just me though, and everyone is different :). Congratulations on reaching your goal weight by the way!
  • stupidme117
    Options
    Or maybe an underlying cause? I'm diabetic and take shots, but my stomach is flat. I heard hormone problems like pcos does that. Lots of things, actually. Idk, I'm just saying it might be something else.
  • stupidme117
    Options
    [Yes, my belly is far from flat...some say its from insulin needles, some say it's normal fat that can be burned off. Butttt, it seems for me to get rid of it i might have to lose another 10-15lb....NO THANKS. I will look like a rake. ]

Or maybe an underlying cause? I'm diabetic and take shots, but my stomach is flat. I heard hormone problems like pcos does that. Lots of things, actually. Idk, I'm just saying it might be something else.
    [/quote]
  • rodav9
    rodav9 Posts: 10
    Options
    One day at a time, everyone..Im addicted to this site already. Good people, too.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I didn't find when I hit goal and was close to maitenance calories I didn't seem to be any hungries.

I did reverse diet 50 calories a week starting 5lbs from goal tho too.

even now I am not that hungry...unless I have worked out hard the day before...even then sometimes I am not "hungry"...

my maitenance calories are 2137...I don't hit that often...usually during the weekend but at the same time I am under enough during the week that I am still not hitting it weekly...

probably a mental thing cause you know you can eat more.
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    congrats, OP!

Well I felt hungry when reaching maintenance....which is surprising when you've been months eating less!
    But it passes afer a while :-)
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Interesting - I did not feel more hungry when I reached GW. I reversed diet up at 100 cals a week and then settled around 1800 - 2000. I can go up 2400 if necc, but happy with a bit less making room for the odd splurge. I am no expert but one thing I changed was my approach to protein - it is now my go to snack and I make sure that I get of plenty of it - always fills me up and keeps me satisfied. The other thing is that you may be seeking more variety in your plan especially if you excluded a lot of food stuffs that you liked during your weight loss programme.