One meal gained 4lbs c'mon!!

Options
Since I went back to work I hardly eat snaks anymore so decided to treat myself last night to chinese food american style. :))

Only had like 12 fried shrimps, two spoons of chicken meat, spoon of rice and a spoon of sweet n sour pork. 2 slices of watermelon really small slices and about 4 small cut pieces of cantalope, glass of water. This was a buffet also. So how come the 4lbs of weight gain from just one enjoyable meal as such. It was just shrimp and chicken afterall. Not even a splash of sweet n sour sause just a dribble over the chicken. Oh had some ketchup with the shrimp but not much of that either.

Replies

• buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you want water-weight then just eat a little Asian buffet. Loaded with sodium.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Probably food still in your belly...
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    either the 2 posts above or maybe you been low carbing recently?
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This will come off again soon.
    I now believe it is ok to treat yourself once in a while. As long as those meals do not become a habit.
    You enjoyed it, great.
    Now get back to your healthy routine and you will probably lose the 4 lbs in a couple of days.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Water retention!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    if you're going to get stressed over these normal daily fluctuations I suggest weighing less often. You didn't put on 4 pounds of fat from one meal you would have to eat 14000 Kcal over your maintenance level to do that and even then it wouldn't happen over night
  • jvnmobile
    jvnmobile Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Water retention due to sodium content of asian food. Count on it.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Water retension from the extra sodium and the carbs since it appears you've been eating low carb lately. Also, food still in your belly can temporarily add weight as well. Just go back to normal and the weight should disappear in a few days.

I would stick to weighing less often until you understand that the body can flucuate around 5lbs due to water weight.
  • 1peanutandapumpkin
    1peanutandapumpkin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ugh MSG death is what happened. It will go away soon enough. Increase your fluids. This happens to me every time I eat popcorn.
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Salty, salty, salty! I get a little gain like that too when I eat food with a lot of sodium in it. Drink some water and wait it out a few days.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    MSG and salt. DO NOT EVER weigh yourself 24 to 48 hours after eating out. You will have water weight.
  • joeherbert48
    joeherbert48 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, thank you all. This does happen to me a lot as I weigh myself everyday at around wakeup time and I didn't understand why so much though I know I didn't eat that many calories but yeah probably the salt for sure as it goes up that way when I eat pizza.
    I do usually lose it all in a few days and that's when I usually go on an eating out binge and gain it right back and it is sooooo good.
    Any suggestions for a better place to eat out with low salt foods? Subway?