Pushing the Reset Button

Options
Hi, I'm Stacy and I'm here to re-introduce myself. I have been a member of MFP before, but I allowed myself to get frustrated, mainly because I had a hard time staying within the calorie allotment and thus didn't see the scale move downward like I had hoped.

Not that this is an excuse by any means, but I met with a personal trainer last week who told me that four of my medications have a side effect of slowing my metabolism. Well, that's all I needed to hear! On top of my own bad habits (inconsistent exercise, large portion sizes, and too many wrong food choices), I have that going on for me. Oh well, such is the stuff that all great stories are made of, someone facing what seems like insurmountable odds, such as David when he slew Goliath.

As for my weight, I have approximately 50 pounds to lose, with my goal being to lose a pound a week. Wow! That's practically a year. So, I'm hoping to find some long-term friends to keep me company during this time, to give me a stern wake up call when I need it, to infuse some fun during my adventure, and to share in each other's successes and struggles.

If I sound like your kind of gal, then by all means, send me a Friend Request. (It would be really nice if you sent an email explaining something about yourself.)

Best wishes to everyone!

~ Stacy :smile:

Replies

• sgalindo44
    sgalindo44 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Stacy,

I am Sandra I live in Texas. I am 44 yrs old and just started myfitnesspal back in weds and so far I am doing good. I live alone have no kids so for me the cooking is the hardes thing since I am use to fast food and if i cook i cook alot of bad food. Be nice to have somebody to help me with my journy of trying to lose over 80lbs. I had lost weight a couple of yrs ago but that was going to the gym everyday for 5hrs. wish after a yr got old even those i did lost 50lbs. So as you can tell I gain some of it back, now trying to lose that and more. Hope we can help each other out and keep each other motivated to keep on this journy.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi Stacey,

I'm re-introducing myself too. Started MFP back in June this year, was going really well and for no reason at all I stopped....and put the few kg's I'd lost back on.
    I recently caught up with my brother. I knew he was losing weight but he reached his goal - 30kg (about 70lbs) gone in 3 years. He looks amazing!! He used weight watchers online - which is practically MFP but you pay for it.
    I think it has finally clicked with me - no magic pills or secret potions. Just track what I eat and move more.
    I'm in Australia, 31 yrs old, married with 2 kids to chase around, and would like to lose about 40kg (about 90lbs). I actually don't care how long it takes anymore after seeing my brother. I think i have been going for the "quick fix" with all the other diets I've ever tried in my life, which I think is all of them!!
    So nice to meet you, keep tracking your food, move more, and good luck :)
  • LivyMarie93
    LivyMarie93 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hey, Stacey

I also had bad habits with large portions, overeating and not exercising at all. I found it very helpful to track my calorie intake and set up workout routines and that helped. Me lose weight. Unfortunately I fell off the wagon due to me being cocky about hitting my 2nd goal weight and slowly gained the weight back, lol. I learned that I have to keep going in order for me to really get to a better place referring to my weight.

Joining MFP was the best decision to keep me motivated since my parents and friends outside of MFP aren't too interested, lol. Feel free to add me. We can shed those pounds together :D