Master cleanse

Options
2»

Replies

• 68cheeky
    68cheeky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So sorry - I'm new to this. I'll try to figure out where to start. I jumped into the middle of the thread by accident. I've never been on a community board....
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    This image is a false-coloured scanning electron microscope (SEM) image of human intestinal bacteria. The human gut is teeming with bacteria, which help us digest food and absorb nutrients. When you do a cleanse you kill or flush out a good portion of the bacteria that's helping your body absorb the things it needs.

mTASq3n.jpg?1?6998
    uXG32ec.gif

ETA: Great reply :drinker:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    This image is a false-coloured scanning electron microscope (SEM) image of human intestinal bacteria. The human gut is teeming with bacteria, which help us digest food and absorb nutrients. When you do a cleanse you kill or flush out a good portion of the bacteria that's helping your body absorb the things it needs.

mTASq3n.jpg?1?6998
    uXG32ec.gif

ETA: Great reply :drinker:

If Ron Burgundy can understand it - so can we all!

its-science-anchorman.gif
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Isn't Master Cleanse one of Spiderman's arch enemies?
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Just because I never get tired of reading these reviews. The Sugar Free Gummy Bear cleanse

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummy-Candy-Sugarless-5-Pound/product-reviews/B000EVQWKC
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    This is my first post on this forum. I'm on day 8 of the Master Cleanse. I feel fantastic. I'm sleeping well. I'm not cranky. I'm not sick. I have no cravings - not one. I understand if others don't want to do it, don't feel well doing it, or don't have the willpower to stick with it, but there's no need to be so negative. What I've gained from this in just 8 days:

I've kicked caffeine - 1 to 2 coffees a day from Tim Hortons, every day. It's a change I want to keep. By just doing this, I am down about 84,000 calories in one year.
    I've kicked diet pop - 1 - 2 glasses a day and we all know aspartame is pure poison.
    Beer - no longer a desire for me. I will drink vodka/water when I finish my cleanse. Another lifestyle change that will save me countless calories in the run of a year.

For the people who say it's a money grab, I spent $15 all week last week. I would spend more than that in coffee in a normal week, and then have to buy food to feed myself too. A bottle of real maple syrup will last you about 3 weeks on this cleanse.

I have the strength and the desire to make positive changes in my eating habits that will ultimately help me to lose weight. Sometimes we need help with our addictions. I've tried giving up any one of these before with no success. If this helps me do it, then it is not a bad thing. If I lose some weight while I'm at it, even better. It's not the solution to weight loss, but it's a helluva way to kick some of the nastier habits that lead to the original gain.

Same you didn't just use that will power, strength and desire to kick the coffee, beer and pop while eating a balanced diet and choosing not to starve yourself for 8+ days.

People don't do this because they have no will power - they don't do it because it is STUPID. 650 calories a day of sugar is possibly the most unbalanced diet I have ever heard of.

And yeah - you're not craving stuff because your on a permanent sugar high from the Maple syrup. Good luck when you finish - with the loss of muscle and coming down off that sugar high you're going to need it.