First timer

Options
First time on this board but not a new comer to the weight loss journey.
I have 2 children after my second child I lost all the weight and then some got down to a size 4 - was maintaining well.
Then when my youngest was 18 months I was diagnosed with breast cancer - cue the violins. Happy to say after a long faught batte of surgeries, chemo, radiation and medications I am now a 10 year survivor.
Going throught his though did a number on me physically and mentally. I hit menopause at the ripe old age of 37 - metabolism not what it used to be. Mentally being a stage 3 breast cancer survivor I pretty said pass the extra plate of pasta because I might as well eat whatever the heck I want because I deserve it! Not ideal.

I now weigh the same weight I did when I was 9 months pregnant. In addition, for health reasons the best thing to ward recurrence is to lose weight. Not to mention I am borderline with having a fatty liver - brought on by unhealthy eating on an already overly taxed liver that had to filter chemo drugs.

So here I am at 46 overweight and not happy with my appearance at all.
I am begiining my journey - I have tried several times in the past 10 years but for some just cant stick to it. I need to get past it.
Looking for help , support and a good kick in the *kitten*!
Laura

Replies

• ValleySimTech
    ValleySimTech Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I'm new to this board as well but was a member of another calorie counting/fitness site prior to this one. I hope your journey goes well and you meet all you goals. Good luck.
  • jess6post
    jess6post Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on being a cancer survivor...that takes a strong person to do what you did. You can accomplish your weight loss goals! I am a mom of 4 and I too lost over 30 lbs about 2 years ago, but gained it all back....mostly because I did not lose it the healthy way. So here I am trying to lose again and keep it off. I have been slacking over the summer having my kids home but school is back in session and time to get to work. I am doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred and counting calories with MFP. You are welcome to join me unless you already have a workout routine :). Good luck!
  • KT0104
    KT0104 Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can SO do this! This has probably been the most effective tool I've ever used in creating helthier habits - I'm 42 with (less serious!) health issues, so it's not just about losing weight for me either. Although having just moved from Scotland to Canada, the poundage needs taken care of too!

My best advice; log everything and make friends here - it helps to see what you;re actually doing (instead of what you think you're doing! - and when you have a crappy day the comments and likes can really help to spur you on - and you can pick up tips and ideas

Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • mom2twodancers
    mom2twodancers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your kind words and support! Here goes nothing!