I can't believe I did this...

Options
LadyVivica
LadyVivica Posts: 84 Member
I went to the candy aisle to get something chocolatey and i stood there, told myself, "NO this will not help anything!" I turned around and walked out of the aisle, paid for my eye drops, and left the store. VICTORY IS MINE!

For those who don't know, Sugar is my vice, i was completely addicted to that and caffiene. I kicked caffiene thanks to gallbladder surgery and now i'm in the final stages of kicking the horrible "I GOT TO HAVE ALL The SWEETS" syndrome.

I am so proud of my self i had to share, if i can do that you can too! That sugary candy bar will not fix your problems, it is a temporary fix that does you no good. I know there is good chocolate, but Snickers is not one of them :smile:

Replies

• matthawthorneisamyth
    matthawthorneisamyth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Progress!
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    That is awesome :) Way to go!
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You rock! That kind of self control is something to be proud of!!!!! Nicely done! It won't be as hard next time!
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! :drinker:
  • amessam8
    amessam8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This seems like such a small thing but its not. It's a HUGE victory. Anytime you can stare your Kryptonite head on and not get weak, not give in, you've won a battle. Hats of to you!
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Big, huge congrats on that!!! For people who love sweets and/or chocolate....walking out of that aisle without anything is a huge deal. Kudos! I've done it myself at times and even then, I think about it on the drive home....all the way telling myself I'm better off without the sugar/calories/fat. Crankier, maybe....but more optimistic long-term! :laugh:
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Way to be strong!!!
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!

I had a lady stop me one aisle over to tell me "Good job on passing by the candy." I had been standing in the candy aisle looking it all over, shook my head, and kept going. Apparently she saw the whole conversation I had with myself. LOL
  • DIANAWONDERWOMAN
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Chocolate has always been my weakness. I applaud you.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Chocolate has always been my weakness. I applaud you.

Same here, chocolate is my weakness.
  • dannyxtyler
    dannyxtyler Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!!!!! You did great!
  • baybear14
    baybear14 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That's a big accomplishment.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    NICE!! I know EXACTLY what this is like :) I've recently had a few moments myself and it's LIBERATING! :)
  • kb9222
    kb9222 Posts: 42
    Options
    Well done!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Good job!

I had a hard time with buying candy after fueling my car. I still struggle now and then. But my body and my budget are better off without!!
  • inimical909
    inimical909 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    YAY you did good! :)
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • aethre
    aethre Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!

I had a lady stop me one aisle over to tell me "Good job on passing by the candy." I had been standing in the candy aisle looking it all over, shook my head, and kept going. Apparently she saw the whole conversation I had with myself. LOL

That is both adorable and slightly creepy.

I love it!!
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    that is a true success...willpower and having the mental stamina to overcome an urge are what this all boils down to. CONGRATS
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!