Blueberry /Pineapple cake/no mix

Options
dvdlover
dvdlover Posts: 719 Member
1 cup butter
1 box yellow cake mix
1 can blueberry pie filling
1 can small crushed pineapple

dump blueberry pie filling on the bottom of the cake pan and spread evenly drain canned pineapple and distribute pineapple evenly over blueberries sprinkle the yellow cake mix evenly over the blueberries and pineapple.cut the butter into 1/4 inch pats and distribute evenly over cake mix place cake pan on center rack of oven for approximately 1 hour when the top is golden brown the cake is done let sit for at least 15 minutes to cool before serving.

Replies

• alyssamaryw
    Options
    I thought the subject said no mix?
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

Don't understand where you think this is mixed.... It's put in in layers...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

I think she interepreted it (as did I before I figured out what he was saying) that there was no cake mix involved...
  • Mygsds
    Options

I think she interepreted it (as did I before I figured out what he was saying) that there was no cake mix involved...

But there is a cake mix involved
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I think "no mix" means no stirring in this case. You just dump all the ingredients in a pan and bake
  • Mygsds
    Options
    I think "no mix" means no stirring in this case. You just dump all the ingredients in a pan and bake

Yes, this....
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

To clarify, "no mix" could mean not using a pre-made mix, such as a cake mix in a box, or it could mean no stirring.
  • lorigregory50
    Options
    This is why we call it "dump cake". Solves that problem!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Yes -

OP the proper name for these type of recipes are "Dump Cakes"............not no mix cakes. I was confused also.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Great recipe... Had it many times .. Also good with Cool Whip on top
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

Yes...hence the confusion...
  • dvdlover
    Options
    when you buy a cake product what dose it say yellow cake mix my god its plain in the recipe guess u don't read says pour over not beat with electric mixture,guess have top explain better....................sad
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    when you buy a cake product what dose it say yellow cake mix my god its plain in the recipe guess u don't read says pour over not beat with electric mixture,guess have top explain better....................sad

Settle down man...

In an attempt to clear this up once and for all...

I (and apparently at least one other poster) read the title of the thread..."Blueberry /Pineapple cake/no mix"

I opened it thinking it was going to be a "from scratch" recipe - meaning no cake mix was going to be involved.

I read the recipe, one ingredient being "1 box yellow cake mix".

For a second I (and apparently at least one other poster) was stumped because I thought to myself...hmmmm...I thought the title said "no mix"

I then read through the rest of the recipe, and figured out that "no mix" was referring to the fact you don't have to physically mix the ingredients, NOT that there was no cake mix involved. The other poster for whatever reason didn't catch on to that right away.

Other posters suggested that instead of "no mix" the recipe could perhaps be titled differently (dump cake, etc) to avoid such confusion.

Are we good now?
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    This thread is entertaining AND makes me want cake.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The best part about this thread us that no one really cares about the cake, they care about correcting each other. Classic MFP!!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    The people in this thread are hangry. Eat some cake, man. It'll make you feel better.
  • hatfish
    hatfish Posts: 3
    Options
    Looks good!
  • dvdlover
    Options
    Im always good im 65 years old ive been cooking for over 50 years since I was 15 never heard of dump cake new words for me im guess to ole fashion for the hip crowd my recipes come out of number 300 cans ect.i have to break em down n my recipes are over 100 years old so I guess im wrong and sorry for missed used words....................jim