Not new, but Renew

Options
Below30
Below30 Posts: 18 Member
Good Morning Everyone! I'm Jess. 39, closer to 40 than I wanna be. I almost cried this morning thinking about it! I live in a tiny town in Indiana. I have two kids, one closer to 20 than I want him to be, and a gorgeous senior in high school. I work the required 40 hours plus a week, and I have THE LONGEST. COMMUTE. EVER.!! I spend more time in a car than at my home each day!

So, I'm only 5'2", and sitting hefty at 191ish. My first goal here is to get to 171ish, from Aug 26 to Nov 25, 3 months. Then, get from 171ish to 156ish in the next three months. 6 month total, 36 pounds. To keep on track, and to have a challenge, I'm joining "The Transformer (Aug 26-Mar)", on dietbetter.com. I'm totally in love with Chris and Heidi Powell, and they are the (coaches?, advisors?) on this. Yes, I would love to get messages from one or both of them. Not just yes, hell yes! :)

Total overall, I want to be at 140ish, wish will be 52 pounds overall. I want to lose it with joy and glee. And humor. Cause not all days will I feel this happy. I guarantee!

Now, this is going to be HARD. I love chocolate. I have a hard time telling myself no. Does not make for a super satisfying self relationship!

Eating plan - Low carb, high fat - on meal plan for 10 days, then a "reward" day. So I can have chocolate and ice cream and not feel guilty. Which I hate the idea of feeling guilty because I eat food. That's crazy. And I'm working to get over it.

Oh, and I have a husband. A BIG husband. He's 6'6" and over 400 pounds (yep, I said I'm only 5'2" up there!) He's slowly but surely coming around to my side of the fitness world, like I came to it slowly. We both have our health issues, and we both will gain so much if weight loss will help a portion of them!

So in ending, be my friend! I need support and challenge and feeling like a group to be successful. I know me and know I can't do it alone!

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! Definitely don't do it alone, add me! I'll cheer you on!
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am a long time chocolate lover as well, 82 lbs down and I found many creative and yummy ways to incorporate chocolate into my diet. You have got to look into Oikos Greek Frozen Yogurt, single serve container 150 cals and so rich and yummy! I eat it as my nightly treat :) Doles Chocolate covered bananas are also a good treat - it feels like more chocolate than it is and the banana somehow makes the dark chocolate taste sweeter (not a huge dark chocolate fan but it is better for you).

Deprivation gets me no where so I had to learn to substitute. While I am in maintenance now I still practice moderation!
  • Below30
    Options
    YAY guys! Not only 1, but 2 success stories to cheer me on, and for me to cheer on!
  • ali_riemer
    ali_riemer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Ali and I'm back on MFP after losing touch for awhile. I wish you the best in your journey to weight loss and being healthy. I work a schedule like yours too and I've found that I have to do meal prep like crazy on Sundays to get myself ready for the week, if I do not plan ahead with meals I'm doomed for failure. Good Luck To You! :)
  • Below30
    Options
    Hi Ali! Good luck to you too! We got this! :)
  • cherbear427
    Options
    Hi,
    I am just like you. I was on MFP a year or so ago, but lost contact for a while. I have been able to slowly lose weight but have hit a plateau. I hope this time will be more successful. A little support goes a long way :)
    I need to work on better meal planning for the week. . My husband prepares dinner since I work 12+ hours a day. I struggle most with lunches, since my job tends to buy lunches.
    Good luck to you :) We all can do this.
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    added!
  • Below30
    Options
    @cherbear - I really do much better when I plan what I am going to have all week, and do most of the prep on Sundays. I never have the "what's for dinner" question at my house. The weekly menu is hanging on the fridge!
  • Below30
    Options
    Does everyone have written goals?

Starting Weight -Aug 26, 2014 - goal is to lose 52 pounds by May 25, 2015
    Plan is to lose 10% every 12 weeks, or approx 2# a week
    Meal Plan -Low Carb High Fat
    Exercise Plan - Anytime Fitness w/personal trainer
    10,000 Steps a Day
    My Fitness Pal and Facebook Groups for Accountability and Motivation

Date Range Starting Weight Loss Goal 10% Ending Weight # per week

Aug 25 - Nov 25 192 19 173 2

Nov 26 - Feb 25 173 17 156 2

Feb 26 - May 25 156 16 140 2
  • carriemg5
    carriemg5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess,
    Today is my first day back on MFP. I've been off it for almost 2 months now :/. When I initially started I lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks, without starving and it wasn't so hard, especially if I bought all my food at the grocery store instead of a drive through. Then slowly I crept back into my old routine of fast food and hostess cup cakes. So I'm back, 5lbs heavier and ready to give this another go. The calories counter really keeps you in check, but I think the greatest asset is the support from others. Despite my recent set back, the people I've added have really kept me honest and given some great advice. So add many and post often, especially when you feel like giving up. ;) Add me too!
  • atlcajun
    atlcajun Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with the meal planing, if I don't plan out my meals and snacks, I am doomed. I am back and hoping to be more successful this time. I know what to do. It is to continually do it.
  • Below30
    Options
    Holy granola! This was so long ago and I’m still struggling! After this post my mom passed away and I gained over 60 lbs in just a few months. Gotta get back on it!
  • Nama_Slay38
    Nama_Slay38 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Awesome breakdown of goals! Feel free to add me! I like motivated, goal diggers 😄