Bahn mi

Options
kistinbee
kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
I was wondering...has anyone had this vietnamese sandwich? I googled it and there are many different nutrition facts that come up. A friend of mine at work really wants to get these for everyone to try for luch this Friday. I originally was all for it but looking at the facts, it has a LOT of calories! Do you guys think I should just tell her No or go over my allotted calories on Friday? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! I feel bad because she is so excited for us to get this. And I don't even know how I'd count it because the restaurant isn't online and there are so many options for nutritional info. I need some help please!!!:sad:

*Kistinbee*

Replies

• kistinbee
    Options
    I was wondering...has anyone had this vietnamese sandwich? I googled it and there are many different nutrition facts that come up. A friend of mine at work really wants to get these for everyone to try for luch this Friday. I originally was all for it but looking at the facts, it has a LOT of calories! Do you guys think I should just tell her No or go over my allotted calories on Friday? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! I feel bad because she is so excited for us to get this. And I don't even know how I'd count it because the restaurant isn't online and there are so many options for nutritional info. I need some help please!!!:sad:

*Kistinbee*
  • spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    Options
    tell her you are allergic to rice flour?
    I just googled it and its basically just a baguette! I dont know what is so exciting, lol, have you told her about your diet?
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Yeah I have...she knows and is usually very supportive. I looked it up on the daily plate and it's saying 291 calories per sandwich. The ones I was looking at earlier said like 1000...but those ones, I found out, have egg and stuff in them. These ones don't. I think they are two different sandwiches. I just don't know what to do.

*Kistinbee*
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I have not heard about it. and NO go out with your friend, But 1/2 the sandwich.
    There are no rules anywhere that states that we have to eat everything on our plate, or eat a full meal at one setting.
    I would go head and try this new food out however, but tell her that because you are watching your weight that you will eat some of it now and the rest of it later.
    Never deny yourself the opportunity to try new things INCLUDING FOOD!
    and Never NEVER deny yourself a day out with a friend!
    We might be watching our weight, and what we eat, but we still have to live life!
    --Diann...
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks diann...
    :bigsmile:
  • spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    Options
    if they are very filling it might be worth having one, you could have a bananaless smoothie for breakfast such as kiwis and applejuice which is full of energy and not too many kcal, and then have a salad for dinner. Can you get quorn where you live? its chicken-like tofu and is 92 kcal for 2 'breasts' and it makes a good grilled chicken salad.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I've never heard of quorn. I will have to look at the store next time I go. Thanks!:bigsmile:
  • azlips2003
    azlips2003 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love these sandwiches (and lots of other Vietnamese dishes as well!). The worst part of it would be the baguette it's on. It's just sliced meat (usually chicken or pork) and marinated carrots, lettuce and cilantro. There's no cheese in the ones that I've had. If you want to figure calories I'd enter three or four slices of ham, 1/2 of a french baguette (if you eat the whole sandwich) and then lettuce and shredded carrots. That'll get you close.
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I say eat it and enjoy it! Have fun with your friend, drink lots of water, save some for later. Everyone deserves a break, just make sure you jump right back the next day. :happy:
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm with debuckl & dianholland! Have some of it, save some of it and enjoy the whole experience!
    Cowboy
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! I will enjoy it and save some and YEAH! Thanks!:bigsmile:

*kistinbee*