30 day shred

Options
Has anyone REALLY completed this video and noticed a big difference in their body? I'm thinking of starting this DVD again. I know everyone recommends it, but I'm wondering if anyone has been able to tell a major difference by using the DVD several times a week?

Replies

• xxxtracyxxx
    xxxtracyxxx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I certainly noticed things getting a lot tighter! And yes it blooming hurt. What i didnt notice so much was the weight loss, but then I couldnt find her reccommended diet that is supposed to go with it. But certainly lost inches and felt tighter. Im sure if I didnt have so much to lose it would have been more obvious to others as well :happy:
  • myurav
    myurav Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I know that I did a few years back - even though I didn't lose much weight, I lost inches - I don't know how much exactly, but it was noticeable.

I recommend it :)
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have started it about 294 times. Last year i made it 17 days, and i noticed big changes in that short time. I didnt do it every single day either. I noticed it most in my arms and waist. I was starting to get biceps.
    I think i may start it up again.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with this program particularly but would just like to add that diet is going to be more important than all other factors combined when trying to shred fat. The best workout program in the world won't make up for a poor diet. Making sure your nutrition is on point should always be priority number one. Anyone who has dramatic results with any kind of workout dvd also had their diet in order.
  • Fallen8905
    Fallen8905 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started it today! I will let you know how I get on. Im not doing here diet plan as I am on a low carb diet which works well for me :)
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    30 DS was the first DVD program I ever did (3 years ago) when I started MFP. I lost weight and I lost inches, and I got stronger and a little bit more flexible. I followed the program exactly. You mention "several days a week"... is several 3 days? 4 days? I don't think you'll notice a huge differnce unless you stick to it every day. As the dude above said, the weight won't come off as easily until healthy eating habits and exercise are combined. But, yes, I did like 30 DS and it helped me accomplish what I was aiming for. I still do one or two of the workouts occasionally just for a change of pace. If you're looking for something a bit harder with Jillian, Body Revolution is really good. She's not my favorite trainer, but some people really like her methods. Good luck.
  • red66stang
    Options
    My wife and I did that video two years ago and then followed it with ripped in 30. I thought the changes were small in me, but a little better for her. I know she lost inches, but don't remember how many. I did notice a big increase in my endurance after those videos. I don't personally like JM's workout style. If you are looking for big changes you'll have to commit to more than a 30 day workout and diet program.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I've seen some serious results posted in the forums, I've done the program several times, i only burn about 110 calories during the workout but working my muscles makes me feel like a badass, but have probably gotten 99% of my results from my food choices.
  • VelcroButt
    VelcroButt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is what got me back into exercise after years of inactivity. I saw amazing improvements in my body and performance in only 30 days and that motivated me to keep going with other exercise even after I was done. It certainly isn't the only way to get in shape but it worked well for me.
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    A little over two weeks in (with some skip days between each shred day) - you tell me if there is a difference ;)

a13a3c75-5cc2-419b-87bb-dc8350de977e_zps3f116fc1.png
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just finished yesterday. I think I took 4-5 rest days throughout the program (mainly due to time constraints rather than needing "rest") and tried to follow the advanced moves whenever I could. I lost 7.5 lbs. I didn't take measurements, but my clothes feel looser. I was doing this in combination with daily walks (at least 30 minutes, sometimes much longer). I'm also breastfeeding, which may have contributed.

I loved the program and found it effective. I just ordered Ripped in 30 and will be starting that once the DVD arrives. Until then, I'm going to alternate between Levels 1-3.
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I try to keep my diet on point, but lately I've been consuming a lot more sugar than normal. I get 3 miles of cardio in about 4 days a week, on top of the regular 7000 steps a day taken or so. I'm just looking to change it up a little. I'm not a huge fan of DVD workouts, but I remember it being challenging when I started the program 3 years ago.

It's good to know that its legit. Now if I can get over the mental hurdle of eating portions (that are healthy) that are a bit too big....
  • BellaGettinFit
    BellaGettinFit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i've seen amazing results. i think like with any workout, if you stay with it and clean up your diet, we'll see results
  • fitmek
    Options
    Just finished yesterday. I think I took 4-5 rest days throughout the program (mainly due to time constraints rather than needing "rest") and tried to follow the advanced moves whenever I could. I lost 7.5 lbs. I didn't take measurements, but my clothes feel looser. I was doing this in combination with daily walks (at least 30 minutes, sometimes much longer). I'm also breastfeeding, which may have contributed.

I loved the program and found it effective. I just ordered Ripped in 30 and will be starting that once the DVD arrives. Until then, I'm going to alternate between Levels 1-3.

7.5 pounds? Thats great! I bet you have lost several inches too!
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

7.5 pounds? Thats great! I bet you have lost several inches too!
    I think so! My goal was to fit (not just squeeze) into a specific dress for a wedding I'm going to this weekend. Mission accomplished! I'm not limited to empire waist dresses anymore, although I'm still taking advantage of the magic of Spanx :laugh:
  • fitmek
    Options
    Well, I started this program on Saturday. I've done level 1 and 2 several times before in the past. This time I started on level 1 and MY GOSH. I could barely walk on Sunday, or move...pretty much at all. It's not like I do not get exercise either, because i walk several times a week, but this program wipes me out. I feel like I've never exercised at all before just while completeing level 1. Ugh. Yesterday I did level 1 again and it was slightly easier, but my muscles felt like they were ripping in half, esp during chest flys.
    I hate the fact that even though I consider myself decently active, I feel so completely out of shape trying to complete the first level!

I'm sticking with it, hopefully I will notice some type of a difference, other than the fact that I'm up 1 pound already. Grrr.