What are the best ways to cook?

Options
2»

Replies

• donnabullen
    donnabullen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My favourite has to be Pak Choi, Spinach and leeks all thrown into the wok with roughly 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh ginger, about 1 teaspoon of chinese 5 spice powder and half a pint of veg stock. Sometimes I add rice noodles.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    for me, I usually do broccoli
    I bring my water to a boil.
    Dump in broccoli florets for 2 min.

and that is it.....nothing else

No kind of spices or anything? Do you usually buy them fresh or frozen?

No typically I don't do anything on them....
    You can try Mrs. Dash.

I buy fresh
  • joyfylgrl
    Options
    Kale, collard greens, spinach can be steamed. I like to saute in EVOO or coconut oil as well...then add a squirt of lemon juice and maybe some pine nuts :) One of my favorite quick "curries" is a huge bag of greens (like spinach), some tomatoes, a jar of homemade veggie broth, curry paste...all slow cooked and then immersion blender....serve over quinoa or rice :) You can add some coconut milk to that if you want!

Oh, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts taste great if you broil them in the oven....sprinkle with EVOO, add seasonings if desired and cook until a bit crispy....so yummy!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So my main question is, what are the best ways to cook greens for weight loss.
    Uh... what?

You can eat them raw.
    Steam them
    Boil them
    Grill them
    Roast them

l2c.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Google "Penzey's Spices" for some great seasoning options. They have lots of pre-mixed blends of fresh herbs and spices, many of which are salt free if that is an issue for you.
  • Hunnah922
    Hunnah922 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    These are all really good ideas. Can't wait to get home and for the next two weeks trying these different ways! Thank you guys!!