Shakes/Meal Replacements?

Options
Just wondering what your favorite shake brands are.. I have a friend who loves Shakeology but I can't foot that kind of bill. Are there any that taste good and provide results without ripping my wallet to shreds?

Replies

• robert5891
    Options
    Ellie,

I use both Shakeology and the Milk Chocolate flavor of Combat protein powder made by MusclePharm. Both are excellent products and affordable. When using the protein powder, I throw in some chia seeds, cocoa powder, PB2 and some other things to boost the nutritional content. Message me if you'd like some more info!
  • joyfylgrl
    Options
    It really depends what you are looking for and what you think will taste good. Do you want vegan (my preference) or prefer whey protein? After that, look at what you can spend. VegaOne has a product similar to Shakeology (vegan one)...it's cheaper, slightly different, but still a meal replacement shake vs. only protein powder. I'm not too impressed by the taste, but I'm not a huge stevia girl. One option is just getting a basic protein powder of your choice and adding your own flavors (also cheaper)....add some berries, some spinach, a good fat (almond butter, avocado etc) and some milk (almond or coconut milk) and you've made your own meal replacement shake....at little more time and effort, but probably the cheapest option!
  • elliekay90
    elliekay90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I basically was looking for a jumping point; this is great. I just don't want to buy something and have it be disgusting.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I drink equate brand. Chocolate flavor mostly but they have a double chocolate, strawberry cream, vanilla and they are all good. Cheap as well. I don't drink them often, just when the day is hectic and won't have a chance to cook. About 2-3 nights a week.