stuck in a rut

Options
I'm sure there are many who feel this way, but I get so sick of what I eat, and during the day I don't have a lot of time to make things, so I end up doing what I'm doing right this very second; sitting here with a box of cereal beside me and eating it by the handful! I find it especially hard when I'm up early for class and then have to work at 6pm. I need some suggestions for a good lunch/supper that I can eat before work and that will keep me full so I don't have to come home and eat some more! Also, what are some good snacks to eat throughout the day?

Replies

• yvfitness1
    yvfitness1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Whole-wheat sandwiches always keep me going. Chicken, beef, sandwich spread, light cheese etc etc, you can put just about anything on it and its only 70-75 calories per slice
  • kag0719
    kag0719 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like the Target brand (Market pantry is the actual name) nutrition bars. They come in plain, peanut butter or mint. They are under 200 calories and have lots of protein and fiber. I eat one in the morning around 8:30 and they keep me preety full until lunch at noon.:wink:
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Your next day off, cook, cook and freeze meals so all you have to do is microwave them or pop it in the oven.
  • Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    Try eating the smart ones, or lean cuisine microwave dinners. They are healthy and usually under 300 calories. Pair it with a salad or some fruit and you got yourself a quick yummy meal.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Your next day off, cook, cook and freeze meals so all you have to do is microwave them or pop it in the oven.

This. Or to save yourself even more effort, cook double recipes every time you make a meal, and immediately freeze half. Easy peasy.

In the meantime, when you're hungry and want to munch on cereal or something, put it in a bowl. You'll eat less and have a better handle on what you're eating, instead of just mindlessly noshing.
  • phipps
    phipps Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes whole wheat sandwich's... those bagel thins and sandwhich thins are great, they fill me up and keep me satisfied... for snacks do a carb along w/ a protein.. ex: an apple w/ string cheese this will keep you more satisfied...
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I snack on plain almonds (24 is a serving), low-fat yogurt, raisins, cottage cheese, and various oat or nutrition bars (i like several of the slimfast bars). If you don't have time to cook, there are lots of good and healthy frozen meals. Frozen, microwaveable vegetables (not the cheesy ones though) make a quick, low-cal snack.
  • jennk221
    jennk221 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I make a sandwich on the Arnold's sandwich thins bread...I usually use 98% fat free turkey or ham off the bone (both from a local grocery store, but whatever you like) and then I add lettuce, cucumbers, lite swiss, red bell peppers, etc....whatever I have in the fridge usually :wink: You can add lots of veggies to fill you up for just a few calories! I also use mustard instead of mayo, but if you prefer mayo that's fine too!
    I usually pack a bunch of things to go with the sandwich or just to snack on in general...raw veggies, yogurt with dry cereal, fruit, 90 calorie special k bars, cheese sticks, etc...
    I hope this helps a little bit!
    Good luck!!
  • krissy_pooo
    krissy_pooo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas! this makes me hungry for a sandwich!