Introducing myself

fbmandy55
fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 23 years old. Single mom with a professional job. I had lost about 30lbs before packing on 60 with my pregnancy! I feel like I've hit rock bottom. I hit a lot of hard places this past year. First was on a family vacation, I could BARELY (i mean really close calls) get the seat belts buckeled on many of the rollercoasters and other rides. That was embarrassing. Then, 4 months later I had to go on a business trip, flying for the first time in 5 years. It felt like I was spilling out of the seat, had a few inches of room with the seat belt but I was extremely uncomfortable. I've always struggled with my weight but I am a largely built person. I come from a family of men that look like linebackers and I am actually 5'10" myself. I think my height gives me the illusion that I am not that big but my pants size says otherwise! My long term goal is to lose 90 lbs. I'm making my first goal to lose 60 and then I'm going to push myself for the extra 30.

I genereally eat pretty healthy, I rarely eat any kind of red meat or white flour. Lots of whole grains, poultry and frozen or fresh veggies. My vice was MT Dew. I would probably drink two 32 MT dews a day(some times 3) and I've kicked that. I'm down to a coffee in the AM, water, diet coke with lunch, then water or tea at night. Just from doing that for two weeks I have had 3 people tell me they can see a difference.

I had a friend that used this as an iphone app and I thought I'd check it out. Looks like there is lots of support, that's what I need most! Looking forward to advice, feel free to add me or check out my food diary!

Replies

• ZHawk1123
    ZHawk1123 Posts: 215
    Welcome! I just joined recently as well and I love it so far. The people are so nice and supportive.

Good luck with everything!
  • Looks like you have a great outlook and you're off to a great start, maybe we can push each other cause I'm new and need it. Have a blessed day!:flowerforyou:
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Welcome! This a great place to start seriously. The ppl on here are amazing and inspirational. Good luck and take it day by day.

I am also tall and can sympathize with your situation. I would love to join you on your weight loss adventure as I am sure others.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    I found MFP through the phone app too. Everyone here is super supportive and there are lots of inspiring stories and great diet and exercise tips. Good luck!!!!
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Welcome and good luck! There are a lot of tips, motivation, and support her on MFP. Be open to ideas, praises and motivation. Here's to a healthier you!
  • Hi there, I can appreciate your frustrations....I'm 5'11" and have always struggled with my weight. Being tall and built larger as a woman is difficult. I'm 42 and have struggled with this my whole life. 2011 is the year to change that. Good luck and keep us posted on your accomplishments.
This discussion has been closed.