Arthritic pain

Options
Hi is there anyone out there that had suffer from heel spur and arthritis in the knees lost weight and have less pain.I have been trying to shed the weight but these pain are so unbearable sometimes I feel hopeless.Please let me know if there is hope for me to ever be free of pain.

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself, but the pain I had associated with gout (arthritis) has been largely reduced since I've lost weight (60 pounds) and started eating more sensibly. My pain was primarily in my toe, ankle and foot, with some pain in my knees at night. The knee pain and ankle pain is gone, but the toe pain sometimes flares up.

Good luck to you and God bless you.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I take glucosamine for arthritis. Seems to help. Also, more movement makes my arthritis better. If I'm feeling arthritis pain, I take an ibuprofen or some such pain reliever before I workout. I will say, it's much better since I lost weight.
  • sayhitostephz
    sayhitostephz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have arthritis in both knees pretty bad and it was killing me at my highest weight when I was sedentary (I had to ice my knees at the end of every night because they hurt so much). I have since dropped 35 lbs and started heavy lifting. My knees got worse at first from all the new exercise, but then started getting better to the point that they barely bother me at all now in my daily life. Stairs and lunges still hurt my knees and I don't have full range of motion even now, but it gets better and better as the weight comes off. Hope that helps.