Visual Motivating Indicators

Options
i'm trying very hard not to focus on the scale this time around because it's ridiculously slow to respond. instead, i'm trying to keep an eye out for other physical indicators that tell me i'm doing something right. things like:

* muscle lines in my calves (check)
* muscle lines in my biceps (check)
* clothing is looser/fits better (check)
* seeing my collarbone poke out
* seeing my cheekbones again
* the bloops of back fat disappearing
* thighs shrinking
* being physically stronger (check)

what are yours?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    vascularity in my forearms/biceps/back of hands is a big one for me. my gymbro always makes fun of me for staring at my arms between sets
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The dimple on my left cheek (face, not butt) is always more pronounces when I'm thinner. I guess it has to do with the skin on my face being less thick.

I'm always pumped to see that dimple. :laugh:
  • evamoliv
    evamoliv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Let's see....

Smaller arms
    Normal not "pudgy" knees lol
    My rings keep falling off which makes me super nervous all the time.
    Not having to angle the camera just perfectly so as not to show my extra chins :D
    Also this week my husband and I went to a football game and I simply just "sat" in the seat instead of squishing my hips into it....that has not happened to me in a long long time

I still have a ways to go, but these are the small things I'm happy about right now.
  • LuvonLuv
    LuvonLuv Posts: 68
    Options
    These are my indicators:
    My clothes getting looser, especially my trousers.
    My thighs, abs, arms getting stronger.
    Increasing energy.
    Being able to resist excessive snacking motivate me also.:wink:
    But I have to admit...seeing loss on the scale boosts me up...way up!!!
  • tr3kkie9rl
    tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have several pairs of pants and skirts I would like to be able to wear. Most of it has to do with my waist and thighs. Hopefully as I tone up, their size will decrease. I guess I should be a bit more methodical about how I try to achieve that, it's hard to find time for more research though *sigh*

I would also like a more firm, round butt, and more defined abs. Also I am starting to see some upper arm jiggle that has GOT to go!
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    i'm trying very hard not to focus on the scale this time around because it's ridiculously slow to respond. instead, i'm trying to keep an eye out for other physical indicators that tell me i'm doing something right. things like:

* muscle lines in my calves (check)
    * muscle lines in my biceps (check)
    * clothing is looser/fits better (check)
    * seeing my collarbone poke out
    * seeing my cheekbones again
    * the bloops of back fat disappearing
    * thighs shrinking
    * being physically stronger (check)

what are yours?
    These things, but the clothes not much yet. :(

I'll add my shoulders and back muscles are looking amazing! I'm thrilled about that!!

Now to get the scale to go down... ;)