Struggling to meet carbs requirements

So I've been logging my food and exercise for 20 days now and I'm really finding it hard to meet my carbs requirements. My goal is to gain 1 lb a week and it tells me I need to eat 286g of carbs every day and just 86g of sugar. The problem is meeting BOTH of these at the same time. Usually by the end of the day I find I'm under my carbs requirement but over my sugar requirement. So what I do is eat sugary foods just to get to 286g of carbs but I'm always way over my sugar limit.

Obviously the problem is that sugar is a carbohydrate and any carbs I eat will also increase my sugar. I just think that the difference between 286g and 86g is too high so it's basically impossible for me to meet both. I always eat rice for dinner but it's never enough. So could anyone give me tips on specific food I can eat? Also, whats so bad about going above the sugar limit?

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Don't worry about sugar.

Just get the carbs down.

Rice
    potato
    sweet potato
    skim milk
  • markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Also to add to Mity's list Pasta and whole wheat products are good for adding carbs as well. I'll also work in popcorn into my day every once in a while. Oatmeal or cereal for breakfast will help too. Try to be careful of the sugar intake but as Mity said carbs first for sure.
  • MityMax96
    Totally forgot about pasta...duh?!?!?!
    and oatmeal.....

Man I am slipping....

Thanks Mark
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    popcorn!!! and oreos!!!

but not together.

I would have forgotten pasta too Mity- I NEVER eat it- so I frequently forget it.

But ice cream and oreo's are on lock down- love that *kitten*
  • MityMax96

I would have forgotten pasta too Mity- I NEVER eat it- so I frequently forget it.

Same here.
  • naviman
    naviman Posts: 3
    Thanks for the responses guys :) I'll try to incorporate more of those in my diet.