What was your favorite food of the week?

Options
Mine was made with some light crespelles filled with almond butter and rolled up. I used some unsweetened applesauce to dip the pieces I cut.

What was your favorite thing you made recently?

Replies

• JulieBoBoo
    Options
    sauteed garlicky pork with basil and mushrooms (I saute in low sodium chicken broth). YUM.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Lemon Chicken tenders I could keep on eating them.
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Mine was a vegetarian chicken substitute with quinoa, steamed carrots and snow peas, drizzled with garlic infused olive oil and cracked pepper. It took 15 minutes to make and was amazingly satisfying and delicious!

Yours sounds pretty great, might have to try them out myself, although I've not tried almond butter yet.
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i baked the best salmon ever!!! took a slab, yes slab of salmon (skin taken off) and cut up some green peppers and onions, sprinkled some garlic powder, basil and parsley on it. Wrapped it in aluminum foil, put it in the oven or 410 for an hour or so. It was so juicy and good!! And i had enuff leftovers for a few days!!!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    salmon sashimi with ginger slices on it!!! yum yum yummy!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I had friends over & for games & finger foods. I was able to make it ALL edible for myself just by tweaking ingredients.

My favorite were these mini peppers that I stuffed with laughing cow cheese, fat free cream cheese & spices w/ a tiny bit of italian sausage on top. Baked em for about 30 mins - they were amazing!!!
  • stephgabriele
    Options
    Mine was a vegetarian chicken substitute with quinoa, steamed carrots and snow peas, drizzled with garlic infused olive oil and cracked pepper. It took 15 minutes to make and was amazingly satisfying and delicious!

Yours sounds pretty great, might have to try them out myself, although I've not tried almond butter yet.

YOURS sounds so good! Are you a vegetarian?
    Almond butter is definitely great. I got the Kettle brand. They have single serve ones at Haggen that way you can test it first before buying a big jar.
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes I am, you are as well right? I haven't seen any almond butter over here (in the uk) yet. I'm guessing health food shops would be the best place to find it.
  • kay43026
    Options
    I had the most amazing lunch out with my sister earlier in the week. We went to Maggiano's. I left the bread alone...not a single bite. I had a salmon filet over sauted spinach, and instead of the new red potatoes, I had broccolini. Just the right amount of food and didn't feel one bit guilty!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    These all sound sooo good! I am going to try the salmon for sure! My favorite is what I am making tonight. A ground turkey taco lasagna!
  • jtreadwell
    jtreadwell Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Sashimi salad with cucumber and albacore tuna with ponzu sauce........Delicious!!!
  • sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Grilled Salmon and salad... yum!
  • jazze916
    Options
    my fav his week was whole grain rotini with pumpkin and sweet italian sausage. I ripped it off of rachel ray just tweaked it a lil to lower the claories, but it was so yummy. mm with nutmeg :)
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My favorite evening snack is as follows:
    Here is one of my favorite snacks:

Ingredient Calories
    1/2 cup nonfat yogurt 55
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries 35
    3/4 cup Malt-o-meal Golden puffs 110
    1 packet Splenda
    Total 200

Pour the blueberries in a cereal bowl and sprinkle with Splenda. Add the yogurt and stir them together. Top with the cereal.

I like this because it's lo-cal and you get some sweetness and some fiber, too. I have it in the evenings as a snack or sometimes for breakfast.