Cancelling my gym membership

So I have decided that I will need to cancel my gym membership as recent circumstances will not allow me to go and my gym doesn't allow children under 15 to be there or offer child care. So I am looking for in home activities that I can do or videos that people suggest. I don't have internet either so it would have to be via DVD.

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    I have a ton of workout DVDs that you are welcome to borrow if you'd like.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Jillian Michaels DVDs! p90x I also hear is good, as well as insanity
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I have a variety. I LOVE Les Mills Combat, Les Mills Pump, ChaLean Extreme & P90x.
    All amazing workouts, and fun! :)
  • Adaniel65
    Adaniel65 Posts: 105 Member
    I'll friend request you and give you some exercises and routines that we do in bootcamp - most of them are body weight exercises so no equipment necessary.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    ^^ i'd say pretty much any beach body DVD program (p90x, insanity) isn't going to disapoint
  • No_Finish_Line
    what did you do at the gym?
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    +1 for Jillian. 95% of what I've done so far since starting to lose weight has been her DVDs.

If you decide you want to go that route, feel free to message me and I can provide more specific recommendations.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    I had to cancel mine as well, just a little too expensive right now :( Have you tried fitnessblender.com? Free and awesome workouts!
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    You can do a program, but you can also buy some dumbbells, some weight plates, maybe a barbell, and go at it that way. Muscle is sexy.
  • lauramfall
    lauramfall Posts: 3 Member
    My Absolute favorite is Turbo Jam & Turbo Fire. Chalene is a huge ball of energy that keeps you motivated with fun moves and awesome music. It took me a few weeks to get it all down pat but now that I have the moves *almost* mastered it's so much fun :)
  • No_Finish_Line
    You can do a program, but you can also buy some dumbbells, some weight plates, maybe a barbell, and go at it that way. Muscle is sexy.

and/or get a dvd program that incorperates said equipment

TRX and other suspension trainners are good to and rather cheap compared to weights
  • Cre27
    Cre27 Posts: 21 Member
    Cathe Freidrich are definitely good to workout to.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Kelly Coffey-Meyer is my favorite for mixed weights/cardio (expensive but you get a lot for your money), and Ellen Barrett for pilates-type light aerobics and toning, Collagevideo.com usually has good prices on the Crunch gym videos and most of those are really good.
  • BellaGettinFit
    BellaGettinFit Posts: 113 Member
    i cancelled mine as well. My daily burn has been about 600 ( i have a heart rate monitor) and i do jillian michaels 30 day shred and walk 3.0 miles. i drive to different places with my son where he can play and i can walk around but still have him in my eyesight. it's been working out great.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    I cancelled mine 14 months ago and am in much better shape now than I ever was going to the gym!

I do Jillian Michaels DVD's, use the You Are Your Own Gym app, jump rope, and walk a lot! :)
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Gyms are an over-rated con to extort money out of people who fear they cannot acheive the same results outside or at home. Welcome to the real world and no looking back.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I will 2nd Fitnessblender.com...as well as any Jillian Michaels DVD...

Not much for P90x as it can take a lot of time.