MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
I'm definitely gonna try this!

tumblr_naaynpbnvh1ro9rq7o1_500.jpg
tumblr_naaynpbnvh1ro9rq7o4_500.jpg
tumblr_naaynpbnvh1ro9rq7o3_500.jpg

Peanut Butter Banana Bonbons

makes about 24 bonbons

3 ripe and large bananas

about 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I used Jiffy)

10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

2 tablespoons coconut oil

1/3 cup finely chopped honey roasted peanuts

small popsicle sticks (or pretzel sticks)

Peel bananas and slice into medium-thick round slices. I sliced my bananas about 1/3-inch thick.

Spoon peanut butter into a piping bag fitted with a small star tip attachment. Pipe about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter onto half of the banana slices. Top each peanut butter topped banana with a plain banana slice and press down just slightly. It’s like a banana sandwich!

To insert the popsicle sticks (or pretzel sticks) into the banana sandwich, place your thumb and index finger over and around the banana sandwich. firmly press the stick into and through the banana slices, but use your thumb and index finger to hold the top banana slice in place during the pressing. This will help ensure that all of the peanut butter doesn’t smush out of the sides.

Place peanut butter pops on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer to harden for at least 30 minutes.

While the pops harden, melt the chocolate in a double boiler.

Place 2 inches of water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a medium heat-proof bowl. Place the bowl over the simmering water and stir together chocolate and coconut oil as it melts. Stir until completely melted.

Transfer melted chocolate mixture to a glass with a mouth wide enough to dunk the banana sandwiches. I used a small tumbler glass. A shallow bowl will make the banana sandwiches hard to dip and completely cover.

Dip the slightly hardened banana sandwiches completely in chocolate. Return them to the parchment paper and immediately sprinkle with honey roasted peanuts. After dipping all of the bananas, return to the freezer for at least 2 hours before serving. Bananas will last for a week or two in the freezer. You can also wrap them individually for storage in the freezer.

For more pics and info go to: http://joythebaker.com/2014/07/peanut-butter-banana-bonbons/

Replies

• funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! I am soooooo going to make them this weekend! gonna put banana and peanuts on my shopping list! Thanks!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    too much work. ha ha
  • treciashearin
    Options
    How many calories is this?
    :flowerforyou:
  • melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yummm Im making sum this weekend. Any idea on the calories?
  • Turning_Hopes_to_Habits
    Options
    Wow, I think I'm going to have to try this, too. I might try it with PB2, or maybe just try 3 or 4 that way for me to test and do the rest with regular PB for my daughter. Thanks for sharing!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Yum. Perfect snack for our playgroup next week. I'm going to make them with pretzel sticks. Thanks for posting :)
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious. Will have to try with pretzel sticks.
  • Christineclendaniel
    Christineclendaniel Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Looks so good, thanks for sharing!
  • herryking112
    Options
    Like most of us, blogger Joy Wilson of Joy the Baker sometimes finds herself in dire need of satisfying her sweet tooth. While Wilson was tempted to freeze Oreo cookies and smear them with peanut butter, she quickly came to her senses with something that tastes even better.

“We need more fruit," she thought. "Can we turn bananas into cookies?"

WIlson decided that yes, bananas in place of cookies was an ingenious idea, but she didn't stop there. “Let’s add peanut butter … and probably chocolate while we’re at it … and we’re going to need something crunchy: peanuts!”

Fanaledrinks
  • Wibble_Wobble
    Options
    Yummy
  • chattycaty
    chattycaty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How much calories
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,685 Member
    Options
    too much work. ha ha