PiYo from Beach Body

Options
Has anyone tried the new PiYo from Charlene Johnson from Beach Body?? I was curious to see how the program is and if people were getting results from it. I could use some flexibility, tight muscles from injuries. :)

Replies

• 123Allyxox
    123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am doing piyo right now and so far I love it! I am trying to get back in shape after having a baby and I can definitely feel myself getting stronger and more flexible.
  • ChrystalF
    ChrystalF Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am doing Piyo right now too, on week 7!!! I really like it, doesn't feel too difficult but is a good workout. I am seeing more definition faster than other workouts I have done in the past. Like 123Allyxox I am also doing it to get back into shape after having a baby (11 months ago)!! I have lost 9 lbs in the 6 weeks and I really haven't been following the diet as I am still breastfeeding so can't restrict calories too much. I imagine if you also watch your calorie intake you will have great results!!!
  • KCMission
    KCMission Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have the Piyo system - its definately good for some strength and stretching improvements, but I found that I was missing the sweat and grind of a good HIIT program. I use it as my evening practice for stretch and relaxing, and do a hardcore HIIT in the mornings
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 and really enjoy it.
  • nicoletteamber
    nicoletteamber Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I bought it just waiting for it to come in the mail. I need cardio that's a must but I can't run. I do have an elliptical but that gets boring day in and day out. Thanks for the information on needing some HIIT training. I have the turbo fire program never completed it but do you think that would be something good to pair it with?

I'm excited for piyo! I need some flexibility in my legs!
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    PiYo is great, but not enough for me.
    I do Piyo and T25 together. PiYo relaxes me and the stretch is amazing. I love T25 because I have a feeling that I am working my *kitten* off :)
  • skyy0913
    skyy0913 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am on week 5 of PiYo and I love it! I do feel it needs more cardio especially the first 3 weeks though. I have been adding in a few days of extra cardio for the past couple weeks. So far I have lost 13 pounds. Definitely have gained strength in my core, more pushups, and flexibility.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much done with it, just randomly doing some of the workouts at this point. I didn't lose much weight but I have a very small deficit, but I've definitely improved my strength and my core and lost inches. My favorites though are definitely the strength workouts, so I recommend getting those and the slides.

I've been doing cardio on the side too (walking, biking, running).
  • nicoletteamber
    nicoletteamber Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments! I definitely bought it. Still have 5 weeks of insanity left then I'll do piyo with turbo fire for my cardio. I'm excited!