dvdlover Posts: 719 Member
1 pkg yellow cake mix
2 pkg 3.4oz instant lemon pudding
1/3 c. sugar
2 c. cold milk
1 1/4 c. water
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
350 degrees.

prepare cake as directed on package pour into a greased 9x13 pan beat dry pudding mixes sugar milk and water with whisk 2 min pour over batter in dish place baking dish on baking sheet bake 60 min test cool 20 min sprinkle with powdered sugar serve warm refrigerate leftovers

Replies

• judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Sounds great yummy!!!
  • NomNomMom
    NomNomMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I LOVE lemon anything! Bump for later as more add their recipes also...for more ideas.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, what's the calories, servings, etc.??
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing. Also wondering about the calorie count?
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    And that's why people are fat.That *kitten* is basically white processed flour and sugar. How about subbing some of those ingredients to make it healthier for people on a freakin DIET SITE!!!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    And that's why people are fat.That **** is basically white processed flour and sugar. How about subbing some of those ingredients to make it healthier for people on a freakin DIET SITE!!!

:laugh:
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Whereas I do admit that the Lemon Pudding Cake is everything that I am trying to avoid with its processed mixtures and sugars, I don't think being nasty (and make no mistake TrailNurse, you were nasty) is the best way to get your point across.

Perhaps offering healthier options would be a better approach as this site is also about learning to eat in a more healthy way. If we knew everything, we wouldn't be here in the first place.

Thank you dvd lover for your recipe and I am sorry you had to experience such a mean response. This is more of a pudding than a cake but is yummy. Honestly once you start getting rid of all the sugars and processed foods out of your diet you will start to feel amazing. Good luck.

Lemon,Coconut and Almond Pudding. (Paleo)

Ingredients:

2 egg yolks

2 tbsp organic maple syrup

2 tbsp raw organic honey

2 tsp lemon zest

1 tbsp arrowroot flour

1/2 cup Full Cream Coconut Milk

3/4 cup lemon juice

2 egg whites

1 tbsp almond meal

1 tbsp coconut flour

1. Preheat your oven to 160° C. Cover the bottom of a high sided baking dish with paper towel. Spray four ramekins (use dishes that will hold min ¾ cup) with coconut oil and place in the baking dish - the paper towel will help the ramekins to stay in place as you move the dish in and out of the oven.

2. Separate 2 large eggs (at room temperature). In a bowl, hand whisk the egg yolks, maple syrup, raw honey & lemon zest.

3. Once combined well, add and hand whisk the arrowroot flour, coconut milk & lemon juice.

4. In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer, whisk your egg whites until foamy (usually a couple of minutes). Add a pinch of salt and then whisk again until peaks are forming (another couple of minutes).

5. Gently, using your hand whisk, fold your egg whites gently into your lemon mix until combined. Then add the almond meal & coconut flour and stir gently.

6. Pour evenly into the four ramekins. Pour boiling water into the baking dish, around the ramekins until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins.

7. Put into the oven for 20-25 minutes, until slightly brown on top. The top will be slightly spongy. When you dig your spoon in, you will find the bottom is filled with soft, sweet, zesty lemon custard!

8. Sprinkle with flaked almonds & shredded coconut to serve.

9. Enjoy!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    And that's why people are fat.That *kitten* is basically white processed flour and sugar. How about subbing some of those ingredients to make it healthier for people on a freakin DIET SITE!!!

You hangry?? Go eat something!!! :wink:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    If your worried about calories, you best not even look at this one. But speaking from yummy experience, this is amazing

5a67fde7-e59e-4594-b3cd-af858d4f9db5_zps0dd3c0fb.jpg
    e1a91b48-a97d-4a2c-8122-ef27518ef3ce_zps8845d0ae.jpg

Zingy Lemon Bars

Ingredients
    125g unsalted butter, softened
    180g caster sugar
    225g plain flour
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 egg
    110g lemon curd

Coconut topping

1 egg white, lightly beaten
    140g caster sugar
    130g desiccated coconut
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 350F/180C/gas 4 and lightly grease a square baking dish with butter and leave to one side. (8x8)
    In a large bowl add the butter and sugar and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy. Beat in the egg until just combined then sift over the flour, beat well until smooth and even coloured.
    The mixture will be very thick so use a spatula to pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Use the spatula to ease the mixture evenly into the dish, right into the corners and lightly smooth the top. Place in the oven for 15 minutes until light golden.
    To make the coconut topping; place the egg white, sugar and coconut into a bowl and mix, it should be quite crumbly.
    When the sponge layer is ready remove from the oven and whilst still hot evenly spread over the lemon curd. Sprinkle over the coconut topping until completely covered and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
    Serve hot or allow to cool then place in the fridge and enjoy cold.
    Note you can purchase ready made lemon curd or make homemade.

The Best lemon curd around from Hugs and Cookies xoxoxo, you'll find her on facebook. Make the curd a day ahead.

For lemon curd:
    6 lemons
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    2 cups sugar
    4 eggs

Instructions for lemon curd:

Grate zest from lemons to equal 2 tablespoons. Cut lemons and squeeze to get 1 cup lemon juice. Beat butter and sugar with a hand mixer on medium until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Gradually add lemon juice to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition, then stir in zest. Mixture may look curdled. Transfer mixture to a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, 14 to 16 minutes. Place plastic wrap directly on warm curd (to prevent a film from forming), and chill at least 4 hours.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    It certainly looks yummy Tmauck and as for calories - hey lets not go there and enjoy it every now and again. :smile:

:laugh: I must admit I get mean and angry when I'm hungry too. And if this was just a "DIET SITE" I would not be here. I consider this much more important than just that.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    It certainly looks yummy Tmauck and as for calories - hey lets not go there and enjoy it every now and again. :smile:

:laugh: I must admit I get mean and angry when I'm hungry too. And if this was just a "DIET SITE" I would not be here. I consider this much more important than just that.

This... Absolutely
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

This... Absolutely
    ^ +1!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    My mom made that cake growing up but the glaze had fresh lemon juice in it. It was always a hit :smile:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

lmao. You've been here long enough to know that's not true - both the processed foods being the "reason" why people are fat and this being a Diet Site.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty. My wife loves lemon anything but she can't eat gluten so I might try to put together a GF version of this for her. Thanks.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious.