I dropped 5kgs in 20 days?? *Not starving myself**

Options
So I started on the 1st of Aug, weighing 86kg, step on the scale this morning to discover i weigh 81kg.
I've been eating 1200 cals a day + exercise 4-5 times a week but i generally always eat back my calories to the 1200 mark, so in total im usually eating 1500 a day. I never really feel hungry and don't deprive myself, just lower my portions significantly and make better choices. I'm trying to maintain a life style change rather than a diet that i will fall off of.

5kgs in a month seems really fast and I'm kinda worried I'm harming my body. Could it just be the initial water weight coming off?

Replies

• michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Some of it is water weight, yeah. Most people have a big drop at the beginning and then stabilize out (or have a big drop, then stall for a couple weeks, then another drop, etc etc). You seem to be eating enough because you're eating back exercise so I wouldn't stress too much.
  • siobhanscales75
    Options
    Thanks so much :) yeah I've had issues in the past where I deprived myself of food to the point I passed out multiple times a few years ago while in highschool, I became really sick so I've been really trying to be healthy and not go for any "quick fixes"
  • calton1
    calton1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow, this can get a little confusing. I'm 139lbs., 5' tall and want to reach 125. I work in a retail position where I'm on my feet 7.5-8.5 hours 5 days per week. I have set my activity level to moderate and wish to lose 1 pound a week.
    I wear a pedometer to work and usually get in my 10000 steps per day. The question is should I be counting the steps as exercise or are they part of my "moderate activity". I have been adding them to my 1200 calories per day.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    ... I've been really trying to be healthy and not go for any "quick fixes"

Great attitude!

A daily deficit of 500 calories translates to about .5 kg drop per week, which ain't too shabby. A suggested max daily deficit is 1000 calories and that is usually achieved with significant exercise. I do not know what your intended deficit is.