Always Over on Sugar & Protein! Help.

Options
It seems like Im always over by 25grams on sugar and proteins. All my sugar comes from fruit or 1% milk. How bad is this?

Replies

• nikhil_c8
    nikhil_c8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am allways over Sugar...by around 40 gms (from fruit and milk). But it does not hinder my weight loss
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    It seems like Im always over by 25grams on sugar and proteins. All my sugar comes from fruit or 1% milk. How bad is this?

I'd say you're probably doing alright...Especially considering you've lost 38 lbs! Way to go!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Going over on Protein is not a problem! Infact MFP suggestive amount is too low... you should et about 1/2 ur body weight in grams of Protein. So don't be afraid of too much.

Sugar depending on where it comes from can inhibit your weighloss... natural sugars from fruits and vegetables are not big deal.
  • MrsPrior
    MrsPrior Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If they are natural sugars I wouldn't be too worried, it is the processed refined sugars we should all look out for. But if it does bother you, you could try swapping one or two portions of fruit for salad or vegetables instead.
  • BreakOnThru
    BreakOnThru Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If the sugar is coming from fruit or milk, that's not so bad. Those are naturally occurring sugars. I love the Nutrition Diva podcast. She talks here about how it's more important to cut down on added sugars. See the transcript or listen here: http://nutritiondiva.quickanddirtytips.com/how-to-reduce-your-added-sugar-intake.aspx

As for protein, check your portion sizes. Remember that saying about a serving of meat/chicken being the size of a deck of cards? A little goes a long way. If you're strength training, you're not deriving much added benefit for your muscles if you eat 16 oz versus just 6 oz of animal protein.
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Any ideas on foods with no sugar?
  • ngoat
    ngoat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump