New-to-me jeans!!

Options
DebSM2
DebSM2 Posts: 62 Member
My 16's were sloppily loose and I got some 12's but not 14's in a recent trip to the thrift store. On a whim I tried them on and...new-to-me jeans are on duty! I tried on 4 pairs and they all fit, albeit some more snug than I am accustomed to. I posted pics on my profile...the ones in the sweatshirt were at 277 lbs (didn't take pics of starting weight of 315). The blue t-shirt is at 216 lbs, and the black t-shirt and new-to-me jeans are today at 179. I don't have photobucket or anything so they are only in my profile.

I am super excited to be about 10 lbs away from a "healthy" BMI. Didn't think I would get here, and hopefully I won't be here too long. It is sure nice to feel normal (relatively speaking, at least!!)

Replies

• Annabear3
    Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Fitting into new size jeans is just the best feeling ever!
  • Shivaramdassee
    Options
    That is awesome.:smile:
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    It is a wonderful feeling, I know.

Last week, I bought three pairs of jeans at a sale in the second-hand store.
    I can't fit into them and zip them up yet, but I'm calling them 'Victory Jeans'.
    They'll replace my **former** 'Victory Jeans', which I got out of my closet.
    I'll donate the latter jeans when they are baggy enough
    to pull down without having to unfasten them.
  • ballito
    ballito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling isn't? I got some new jeans last week in a size 14 NZ size not sure what that equates to anywhere else and they may be slightly snug but I can do the zip up and sit down in them. Well done on your success.:smile:
  • allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nice!! Happy for you!! :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!!

You sound like me...we're about the same weight currently and just the other day I was messing around with a BMI calculator out of curiosity (even though I don't 100% put stock in that method)...and couldn't believe I'm just about 10 lb from a "normal weight", I figured I would be overweight (and fine with that) forever!

Really cool and you look great in those jeans!
  • DebSM2
    Options
    @lighteningjeanne...do you find with the lower rise styles that they slip off without unfastening sooner? I have to scour the thrift store racks I guess to find something that isn't the stereotypical "mom jean" (but higher rise is coming back in I guess...for those who don't have to tuck in the tummy flab like I do!) but isn't the teeny-bopper show off the undies low rise either. 40 may be the new 30, but this 40 year old ain't rocking either of those looks!!

@seltzermint...not all about BMI myself...but still exciting to almost be official! Good luck! Also, love the
    Chihuly glass work behind you. We drove to the St. Louis Botanical Gardens a number of years ago from Wisconsin to see a huge installation he did there...fabulous!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

@seltzermint...not all about BMI myself...but still exciting to almost be official! Good luck! Also, love the
    Chihuly glass work behind you. We drove to the St. Louis Botanical Gardens a number of years ago from Wisconsin to see a huge installation he did there...fabulous!

Thank you!!! That one's in Omaha, but we saw some great ones in Wichita recently too :-) Love it! I have not been to STL Botanical Gardens which seems strange to me now because I am in Missouri and visit STL pretty often...I wonder if it's a permanent installation...very cool!
  • DebSM2
    Options
    Not permanent, but I think a piece that was hanging in the entrance does remain there permanently. My MIL will be giving on a bus tour to St. Louis this fall and one stop will be the botanical gardens...I'll have to ask her to check...though if she is there she could hardly miss it!
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!