Brand new- Looking for your best tips!

Options
2»

Replies

• Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    One more thing. Ignore anyone who says "you HAVE to (insert diet advice here)" The only thing you have to do in order to be successful is know how much you are putting into your body and have an accurate assessment of how much you body uses. Everything else is opinion or "bro science". It doesn't matter if you eat one meal or six. It doesn't matter when you eat. It doesn't matter if you drink diet sodas. What matters is what works for you and is sustainable long term.

+1 to this one too!
  • crpeterson84
    crpeterson84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You guys are all awesome!

I appreciate all the great suggestions so much!!

Christina
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    listen to Trog, he's got the scoop!

+1

+1000
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is power! Track everything you eat, every single day, and that will tell you exactly what you are doing to your body.

These are great posts to help you get on your way-
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide

This, this and then this.....
  • wallelf1
    wallelf1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've found it helps to pre-log your food. Every night, I plan out for tomorrow, leaving a couple hundred cal for wiggle room/adjustment.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I added up my drink calories. I was close to 2000 a day... I stopped drinking calories and switched to water. I was drinking tons of soda and Starbucks fancy blended drinks. This is my first step.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Add people who seem helpful (slash, have also lost weight) and don't be afraid to ask them questions, on your wall or theirs. I find it extremely helpful to have a supportive network of individuals around me so that I can ask weird/random questions.