Swimmers question

Options
I have been swimming every day for the last 2 weeks. I've noticed my toes are starting to split the skin on my pads of my big toes. Is there a way to heal that and keep swimming?

Replies

• alathIN
    alathIN Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have had some skin issues crop up from the chlorine exposure.
    There are a number of products you can use in the shower right after swimming to de-chlorinate.

I have had good luck with this stuff:
    http://www.amazon.com/UltraSwim-Chlorine-Removal-Shampoo-7-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B001ET76OO
    I use it as a combination shampoo/bodywash. It seems to eliminate the skin issues I have when I swim more than 3x/week. Also gets rid of the chlorine odor.
    I also leave my suit on when I use it, in the (possibly mistaken) belief that it will help my suit last longer (chlorine does make suits deteriorate more quickly)
  • AustinRockall
    Options
    I have been swimming every day for the last 2 weeks. I've noticed my toes are starting to split the skin on my pads of my big toes. Is there a way to heal that and keep swimming?

Typically that is a moisture issue. I swim almost every morning. After you shower off cover yourself head to toe with lotion. Use a petroleum jelly on your feet if its getting bad.
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend guides kayaking and he has this issue all the time. He went to bath and body works and they gave him this "body butter" it stays on better than normal lotion and smells fantastic!
  • RET68
    RET68 Posts: 88
    Options
    Almond oil is good too, and Wazalene. While you're feet are bad (I get it on my heels) put it on thick at night and wear socks. You'll have to rub off the dead skin. :smile: