INSANITY??

Options
Hello All!

I'm currently working on a Turbo Jam challenge... and depending on how that goes I wanted to continue with another challenge...

I was looking into buying INSANITY... it looks really intense I just wanted to know some feedback on how it is..

Thanks

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    LOVE Turbo Jam! - 4 year love put on the back burner this year to burn more cals (since most are too short to burn 400+) and joined a gym.

My sister gave me a copy of insanity that she bought for $30. Fit test was good but did the first workout and your lungs fill with bile, it was brutal!

It isn't remotely enjoyable so why on earth would someone want to continue it.

Many people will disagree here on MFP and that’s their opinion but I thought you should hear my side as a fellow Turbo Jammer before you spend $150.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Insanity, but I went from Turbo Jam up to Turbo Fire, and I love Turbo Fire!!
  • shanai09
    shanai09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing Insanity. It is HARD. but, thats why they call it "Insanity". It does get better with time, and I have noticed definite changes in my body. I would recommend it if you're very committed to it and don't mind a sweat. :)
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I'm currently working on a Turbo Jam challenge... and depending on how that goes I wanted to continue with another challenge...

I was looking into buying INSANITY... it looks really intense I just wanted to know some feedback on how it is..

Thanks

Insanity is very intense, if you like Turbo Jam look into Turbo Fire. It's the next step after Turbo Jam and from what I hear it is intense, just not as crazy as Insanity.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • nutka1974
    Options
    I love Insanity. Just be aware that it can be hard on the joints. There are a lot of plyometric exercises. It is a great workout.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Insanity definitely requires some cardiovascular fitness in my estimation. Turbo Jam should give you some of that. Doing the real program, 6 days a week is brutal. Its just a ton of cardio and you get your HR up. In the infomercial they comment on how hard the warmup is, it's no joke. There are some decent amount of pushups too, some routine more than others. Be careful, all that jumping can be tough on the joints so do alot of stretching both before and after.

For me I use it as a once a week cardio workout to supplement P90X. Too much Cardio for me I so need to build muscle and Insanity exclusively would be counter productive to that.
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i did it twice and resold it lol !!!!!! its friggin crazy
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    BEST WORKOUT EVER!!! = )

I LOVE IT!!!! It's tough but so worth it, especially if you have that "Go Hard or Go Home" mindset!

I wanted something that will give me fast results and it did!!

I started Insanity being so out of shape but still push through it because doing daily does improve your cardio endurance.
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm going into my fourth week of it. Its intense but I have noticed SUCH a HUGE difference in my body after only 3 short weeks. My legs are more toned, my tummy is flatter, my arms are more defined...the scale hasnt really moved but I figure thats from muscle? I totally think its worth the money. It was really hard the first few days and I was wondering what I had gotten myself into, but if you can push through, its great!
  • Superpsyched
    Options
    I am into my 3rd week on INSANITY and I love it. It gave me the challenge that I was looking for when I was looking for an exercise program. I have some weight and inches and I have definitely increased my endurance. You know its a good workout when you sweat during the stretches. :-)