Need to lose weight quickly.

Options

Replies

• TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 50 lbs by next week.....yea, don't we all!
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you are not going to lose more than 10 -15 pounds by October (if you are doing it the right way - and by right way I mean healthy way). Eat at a 500 to 1000 calorie deficit and work out. 10 or 15 pound down in 6 weeks is a great start in the right direction. Defiitely use this as a mini goal in your weight-loss journey! Good luck.
  • badcemom
    badcemom Posts: 50
    Options
    You can definitely lose at least 10 pounds per month in the first few months you are working on it. What worked for me in the beginning was setting my goal to losing 2 lbs per week, tracking my food VERY carefully, and exercising every day. If you find something you enjoy (for me, it's Zumba), it won't seem like work. Don't trust MFP's calorie burn estimates (my HRM often shows as little as half of what MFP says), and don't eat back all your calories (some is fine). Good luck!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    we all have those OMG moment where we think we need to lose weight as quickly as possible for that special event, but in truth, there is no quick fix aside from maybe eating clean , drinking LOTS of water and doing HIIT. Even if you dont lose a considerable amount before October, you will feel much much better.
  • WombatHat42
    WombatHat42 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Best way is cardio with some weight training and following 100% your calorie goals. If you burn(through calorie deficit or exercise) 1000 calories a day(from your iifym you should lose about 2lbs a week. By October 18th(which is roughly my goal date for about 30lbs lost.) you should be able to drop around 12-24 lbs of fat(you may add some as muscle but muscle looks good)

If you are just a few lbs from your goal and its a week or two a way, you can do what some wrestlers do the week or so before their weigh ins/matches(and bodybuilders) and do a cut diet to get rid of the extra. However, that is not guaranteed and not the best way so it is better to work really hard now and get ahead of the weekly goal so you meet your goal ahead of time.
  • Ainevethe
    Ainevethe Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Eat clean.
    Lift weights.
    Walk more than ride. (increase activity)
    De-stress.
    get a killer dress complete with heavy duty body shaper if you want to go that route. (Rock what ya got! )
    Know that for a month you made a great start and did it sustainably. Solid foundation done! You could be 8-12 pounds down by then potentially. And will feel much better for it. =)
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I know you may feel self-conscious about your weight and want to look "good" for the wedding, but please don't do anything that will hurt you in the long run, like crash dieting , only to gain it all back after the wedding.

For the wedding, start looking for a slimming outfit and I agree about the shapewear. It can do wonders. Plan for a makeover, new hair do.

Read the "stickies" on the site that tell you how to get started.

When you show up at that wedding, 10-15 pounds lighter, with a stronger body from strength training, a better posture, and elongated look from Yoga, and a bounce in your step from Cardio, you will look (and feel) great!
  • lijepa1979
    lijepa1979 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight quickly, and by doing that, you will probably gain it all back and then some. Honestly, the best way to do lose weight, if you want to keep it off is to do it slow and steady. Make lifestyle changes that you can permanently commit to. If you starve yourself or do a fad diet, you will only hurt yourself in the end, fall flat and be exhausted and hungry.
  • matthawthorneisamyth
    matthawthorneisamyth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You could always get hooked on meth.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is the way to go........read the links!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    If you have 190 lbs to lose, you may be able to squeak out 3 lbs a week, even following the sexy pants guide above. While it may not be enough for others to notice at the wedding, you will be setting yourself up to make sustainable life changes and continue to lose weight, so that at their first anniversary you will have lost enough to wow everyone.

I hit rock bottom last year at an event. The pictures were so awful I wanted to cry. I'm going to that event again in 100 days. It will have taken a year of hard work, but I'll be a whole heck of a lot more comfortable in my own skin. It didn't happen quickly. I've worked at it every single day for 260 days. But it has been so very worth it. I've had major life events along the way and have celebrated the successes that I had accomplished by then - 25 lbs lost when my Aunt got married in March, 50 lbs lost by July 4th.

You can do it! Keep your eyes on the prize and know that the journey will have it's ups and downs.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Ask the bride to be if she's willing to postpone the wedding.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    are they giving the ushers scales to deny access if you don't make weight?

....no? didn't think so.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    She was just proposed to last week, they're rushing. But thanks for the advice.

Well, your cousin is a bunch of bad words for rushing :3
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Heroin might be a good option.

Not really, though.

Also, to those who suggested this...

What is "clean eating" in your opinion?

Serious question.
  • InstantCoffee100
    Options
    Exactly This.

You are asking for magic tricks on a weight loss forum. If we knew that kind of magic we would use it. Every single one of us.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You've got 8 weeks. That should give you about 16 lbs off by the wedding - eating healthy and at a correct deficit. At that rate you should be able to keep those pounds off after the wedding and continue to lose until you reach your goal.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I've lost 28 pounds since the beginning of July by the following:

religiously and honestly tracking my food intake here
    eating below my caloric goals (1350 to 1400 calories per day)
    being more active - not necessarily at the gym every day but walking, biking and pulling weeds in the garden
    sweating my butt off during this extended heat wave in the Pacific NW
    not taking pills or miracle drugs
    not starving
    staying the coarse for the most part - cheat days are rare for me

Truthfully? Lose what you can. On the wedding day,. wear Spanx and enjoy the festivities.

Edited because I can't spell.
  • emma_jane24
    Options
    Hey! Try just cutting out carbs and sugars. Eating olenty of meat, cheese, yoghut and lots of vegetables. Bascically just cutting back on carbs will make a quick difference. Good Luck !
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm a beachbody coach currently looking for a few people to join my new 21 day fix challenge. This program is designed for people with a weightless dead line.
    21 day fix container system.
    Workouts are 30 mins a day at home. I will coach you and get to to achieve your weight loss goals.
    Email me if this sounds like something you'd be willing to invest in.
    Klaus.sam@gmail.com

:huh: seriously?